HOW do you post pics here?

save the file to your desktop as a very small file using photo software like Microsoft picture manager...then attach file, cross you fingers and hope it works.

you can not preview the attached file before you post...at least I couldn't figure out how to preview it.

a chat friend just taught me how to post pictures...now how do you create that wonderful signature?

Okay, Joy, you know I'm not very computer oriented, but I'll try to help.

First I start by making sure my picture won't be too big. I have a program called, "Paintshop Pro" that I use to re-size pictures. You'll need to figure out how to do that in whatever photo software you have.

After I write my posting information I come down to the bottom of the rep;y form. On the left side it says, "Attachment: and in the middle I click on "Browse" That opens up a new window that says "My Documents" at the top. At that point you will have to find where your pictures are saved, click on the picture you want to attach, then click on attach. That should bring you back to the posting screen. Click on "post reply" It will take a minute or so for the picture to come up. If you should pick the wrong picture or its too big, just go back to the top of your post and click on "Edit" and you will be able to go back in and change the picture.

Email me if you have problems and I'll try to help.

Okay!!!!! There is definitely a picture. Now, I have to figure out how to make it a whole lot smaller . . .

Well, my picture editing software seems to have disappeared on my computer. Hubby has been working on my computer again, I see. Sorry, I can't make changes to size (I don't guess) without it.

Hugs,

Joy, do you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager? It comes standard with the Microsoft suite, and is probably other builds, too. If you have that program in your computer you can easily resize photos before posting. Another option is to use Picasa -- this is a free program by Google (you can download directly from the internet). You can easily resize photos using that freebie program, too. I have it and it's a great way to keep your digital photos organized (like a library). :)

PS: Adorable chicky quilt!!!

Archived