wedding quilt

WOW -- Thanks everybody for your very kind words! You encourage me as well! I love to see everybody's photos. I always get good ideas and inspiration.

Linda asked: "what is that long feathery quilting you did in the white fabric sashing between the blue borders? Did you use a stencil?" -- No stencil, just a free hand feather design. I sketch out different motifs out until I like something.

TIP: I use a sheet of clear plastic and lay it right over the quilt top. I use a wipe-away, WET-erase marker to "audition" my designs. I can see how it will look before I start to stitch.

"What thread did you use?" -- Maderia White#1801 (body of quilt) Maderia Varigated #1602 (for green border).

"It looks like there is some blue on the outer edge of the quilt. Is that another border or did you apply the front of the binding with your longarm?" -- That is actually part of the quilt top, she fussy-cut the borders and it had that little blue-green part on the outter edge.

Those little hearts I added when I SID around the blocks.

Yes, that pattern is called "Glorified 9-Patch". She had all those other blocks from an exchange and used them in the same quilt.

Thanks for looking! :)

Archived