Bottom Line Thread

I haven\'t used a thread of Superior\'s that I didn\'t like. I used Bottom Line almost exclusively when I started because it didn\'t show my "oops" too badly. Now I have discovered So Fine and use it instead of Bottom Line for most things. Just last week I tried Polyquilter for the first time. For some reason I had the idea that it would be difficult to use. Its not. It quilted up like a dream. My customer loved it. It is a heavier thread so it shows up a lot more. You have to be careful of thread build up. I\'m going to have to order some more of it.

I love Rainbows especially the one with the autumn colors that I think goes by the name "Autumn". Sorry, but I\'m too lazy to go look this morning.

Superior makes the best metallic thread that I\'ve ever used. It quilts up beautifully and has almost no breakage.

Oops! I sound like a commercial for Superior. I\'m not connected to them in any way. I\'m just a happy customer. I\'ve used other threads and liked them, but always seem to come back to Superior. Other companies don\'t seem to me to be as willing to cooperate with small purchasers as Superior. Still sounding like a commercial!

I like Isacord and some Sulky threads. Also, some YLI threads. But I have trouble finding all of those in the large cones and at the right price.

Oh dear, this was supposed to be about Bottom Line. I got carried away as usual. Time to go to work.

Hi all,

Currently I am not fortunate enough to have a wonderful longarm machine. But I have this machine that is tagged from A-1 that is MANY years old. Bottom line is the bobbin thread of choice in this machine. I can get just about anything to run in this machine from Superior. Even managed to figure out the adjustments necessary for King Tut. The machine didn\'t like cottons when I first got it, but So Fine and Bottom Line are the favs for me and the machine.

Already making my shopping list for the Superior booth at Houston.

post--13461898629948_thumb.jpg

Do ya\'ll prefer Bottom Line over So Fine? Bottom Line is just a bit thinner, I believe. In my limited experience, I\'ve found it easier to use a finer thread in the bobbin & a heavier thread on top...fewer tension problems that way! What\'s the word...Bottom Line or So Fine?

Thanks to all for the responses from those who\'ve used both.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Hello: It is good to hear more on thread discussion. I have some sad tales (2) about YLI. Before I bought my Millie, I was machine quilting on my Bernina 200E. I used a gorgeous gold/yellow YLI machine quilting thread purchased from the LQS on a small spool. Millie was on order so I thought---I\'ll order a cone so I can use it on Millie also. Wrong!! It did nothing but break and break more. I gave the spool to my neighbor to use on her Jamone for machine quilting. Earlier (1999) I hand quilted a twin size qult for my older sister. I used a "cranberry" colored YLI hand quilting thread. I should have stopped and changed thread in the beginning. Being somewhat stubbon, I finished the quilting. The thread was also breaking, while I was hand quilting. Yesterday the quilt was returned to me for repairs. I will most likely end up taking out all the hand quilting and machine quilting it for her. WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME! I now use only Superior thread and I love it. They are the best. THIS IS NOT A PAID ENDORSEMENT. I do not work for Superior Thread. I have used King Tut, Rainbow and Poly Quilter----next I will give So Fine a try. Keep up the flow of information. It is so very helpful.

Has anyone used Soft Touch by YLI as a bobbin thread? It would be easier for me to use this as I already deal with the company in the UK who distribute YLI. Their machine quilting threads are long staple cotton and I\'ve never had any problem with my DSM using them, have others had problems or was jo-ellen\'s a one off bad reel?

I usually use So Fine on the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. I also use Bottom Line in the bobbin for machine embroidery. I don\'t get the fuzz build up in the bobbin that way.

When quilting, if I use a thread other than So Fine on the top, ( I love Rainbows) , I still use Bottom Line in the bobbin unless I especially want something heavier to show on the backing, then. I most often use So Fine.

Just got some Poly Quilter at Innovations. Looking forward to trying it out.

I use Superior brand because I don\'t have any trouble with it. If there is a problem I know I can call them and get it resolved. They also have great service. Why mess with what is working really good?

• 2 weeks later...

Saundra. I try to save myself the strain of choosing which color ... I look at the color chart and buy two or three at a time, mark them off, and then next month send for the next two or three. I"m not good at choosing between one and another so I have to get some of each. :D

Archived