just off my machine....

The first is a panto called Fantasia sold by Willow leaf, with feathers in outside border. (used stencil, then decided I could have done better without it)

The second is Falling Leaves Interlocking by Rita Galaska sold by Quilts Complete Pattern Station with cross-hatching in border using patternboards from R N S designs.

These are not as stable as the interlocking boards from Circle Lord, but I was pleased with it. I really like the burgundy leaves on the cream background of the second quilt.

post--13461898718904_thumb.jpg

Hi Marjorie,

Nice job. I agree with you that the burgandy thread on the white background looks really nice. I think you just settled my dilema of what color thread to use on a triple irish chain I\'m getting ready to load. There is burgandy, floral print and cream. It is predominantly burgandy. The cream though is the center blocks and I was worried that it would detract from it if I used burgandy throughout. I don\'t think it will after seeing yours! I did not want to use two different colors on the same top.

Heidi

Thanks for the compliments the customer was please too, she told me to just "do what I wanted". Only thing about the cross hatching boards is that they do not interlock like the CL ones, they connect with o-rings, so they CAN move as you quilt so you have to tape them in place and watch that you don\'t push too hard when you are not at a groove to change directions. All in all, for the price I think they are worth the money.

Archived