Thanksgiving

HI Linda,

I will be in Chillicothe in Feb if you would like to come demo the machine would love to meet you. Check out my website for details and contact me and we will set it up for you.

Myrna

Gayle, you and John have fun at the beach.

Hi Anita. I\'m going to make it to your part of the country sooner or later. Are you doing well?

Charla, How are you girl, I think about you all the time. are you quilting ?

Shana, Love the turkey pict.

I am so thankful to have my friends all over the world.

Can\'t wait to see you photos Tammie. Travel safe

Myrna

(name removed), your boys are TO DIE FOR adorable! :) Such handsome young men they are growing up to be. You must be so proud of them. I have to agree that Oregon is one of the most beautiful states in our nation. If you ask me, I think all of the pacific northwestern states (and British Columbia, Canada) -- are breathtakingly amazing. Speaking of beautiful states, I just traveled to southern Utah, saw a little bit of Zion Nat\'l park (pretty!) and on my drive back to Las Vegas I about went off the highway a few times as I was turning my head/rubber necking my way as I drove through the absolutely amazing Virgin River Canyon just outside of St. George Utah. Whoa!! The sun was setting in the west, and there were these really way cool shadows playing against the canyon walls... It was like driving through the Grand Canyon except it felt like "IN YOUR FACE" and right up CLOSE! WOW!!!! That was a way cool experience. It\'s hard to drive around that curvy highway going 55 mph and taking pictures of the scenery at the same time, so next time I visit that area, I am taking DH so I have a designated driver. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving every one.

No snow here in our part of Washington. After living in Alaska for more than 50 yrs., I do miss the snow around the Holidays. But appreciate not doing the shoveling thing and like going out doors with out a coat.

We will have nineteen love ones here. beginning with this evening. lots of grandkidlets. We just love being so blessed. No quilting this week untill company heads home, then its quilt untill I drop.

Sounds like you had quite a trip Shannon.

Have a joyous and safe holiday.

Carol j.

Hi Lindasewit,

I think the closest apqs dealer to where you will be is Susan in Albemarle.. I\'m pretty much dead center in the state, so a couple hours drive or so from Charlotte.. Susan is about 85 miles, give or take, from me.. to the west, southwest, I think. Charlotte is between you.

I have an old clunker.. a White Rotary a man cut and made into a long arm.. Was ok to start but I sure don\'t want to keep it.. you don\'t want it either. lol It needs a home with someone who likes to tinker and make adjustments a lot. I don\'t.

The North Carolina Long Arm Guild is a group of people who I think own long arm machines of one kind or another.. Sort of like a local guild, or quilting group which gets together to show, tell, ask, do and live quilting. The NCLAG is a long distance situation, as people from all over the state belong. I don\'t know about their meeting schedule..

Anita might be able to tell you more..

Keep in touch if I can do anything to help, I think apqs has a place a link where you could look up locations of dealers..

We have to drive about 30-35 miles one way to a Joanns, Further to Hancocks, and we\'ve only one bonafied quilt shop in town. One sewing shop, and Walmart kicked us in the pants when they opened the Super Center, and didn\'t even put flat folds in, not even what I\'d call a decent dime store variety sewing area.. No threads etc to speak of.. so we are also going to have to begin more internet buying than I like. I like to feel fabrics..

I guess we will have to combine Dr. appts up in Cary and stops at Joanns, etc.

Talk to you soon, if you want, Anita too, u2u me and we can keep in touch.

Good luck on the machine.. just make the right choice for you and your needs. I\'m waiting for lenni.

RitaR

enjoy the holiday all and grammie enjoy our beautiful state. It certainly is amazing how helpful and full of ideas all the folks on this chat are. There is an answer or at least another voice on just about anything a person could possibly want to know. We have had mostly rain (surprize!!) but yesterday evening the sky cleared and it got cold low forties but incredible moon and clear crunchy sky.

take care

Dale/mwl:D

Yes indead - woke up to a white Thanksgiving! Very pretty...... we had our

french toast breakfast and now are heading up to the Mall of America for

the girls to take in the rides all day! No lines - such a perfect time to go!!

They run the rides with only one person on it!

Have a great day!!:D

How\'s everyone feeling this "Black Friday" morning. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving everyone, it was a very warm 76 in Virginia Beach. It\'s 40 degrees this morning, I feel for all those standing in line overnight at the various stores. I\'m not a Friday shopper, not to mention I have to work, but how many of you brave the lines on "Black Friday"?

I only stand in line for quilt shows and fabric:)

Hi, it was real warm yesterday here in NC also, and we even had to turn the AC on.. too many bodies, the heat from cooking and warm weather..

Had a wonderful day, and am bolted to my chair so we can\'t go shopping today. I value my body too much to brave that madness when I hate shopping anyway..

I might stand in line to get into a quilt show, though i\'ve never had to yet.. but Hubby is the one to stand in line to get fabric cut.. He loves the attention of being a man getting fabrics cut.. LOL..

May those who brave the elements and crowds enjoy it for me too..

RitaR

Rita,

I would have loved hubby to stand in line for me...he could have had all the attention he wanted! Almost saw a lady with her hubby and 2 kids get into with a lady who "accidentally" cut the line...it added entertainment to the wait!

It was 29 today, much cooler than yesterday. Good thing that rain went away because it surely would have been snowing!

Heidi

I tell you, last night it was going to get REALLY cold, and those goof balls

were camping out at BestBuy all day and night.....No thanks!!

I did go to JoAnns at 6:00 this morning, stocked up on needles for my DSM

for the year, Oil, thread lube and other items - but that was enough for me!

Heidi, you should have let me know you needed a line stander!!! You could have had him, in fact I\'d have given him to you for keeps today. :o

I thought of going up to Joanns, then decided Nope!! Not this old duck! Stayed home and made lots of progress on the donation quilts.. found out I can\'t count either.. will have 10 to donate not 12.. unless I find another hiding. :P

Glad you had a good trip and in-line-entertainment too.

RitaR

Hope everyone had a great holiday and a safe one as well.

Hey Lindasewsit!

I\'m not sure who sells APQS in that area, but you could call APQS\'s main office and they\'ll help you connect. I test drove different machines at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show in February and bought a Millenium at a seminar in Knoxville Tennessee.

Email me at plubota@yahoo.com and I\'ll tell you about the guild.

Archived