Sharon Schamber has a new Free Video on Binding your quilts.

I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that we have a brand new free video on our website on how to bind your quilts.

This is the same technique that Sharon uses for all of her competition quilts. I must say that the video turned out great.

It runs 28 min long. And you can view if for free in our Free Area

Please post and let me know what you think of the video. If you have not yet signed up for our newsletter please take a second to do that. We will be giving away another angel quilt and we also have a two day retreat at Sharon's Studio to give away for our newsletter members.

Thank you,

Neil Atkin

Sharon Schamber Network

Heidi,

It could be one of those sites I saw this technique on, (and the glue bottle tips I\'m sure I saw on Carol Duvol) but really think it was a video I saw several years ago, as I\'ve put mine on much like this for years.. I just never used the glue. I also sew the first seam, putting the binding on, onto the front, then sid from the front, looks much better to me.. but then I\'ve not entered them in shows either. With the glue I\'d not have to mess with pins and bleed with every puncture, either.

Thanks Heidi, won\'t be near a Joanns for another 3 weeks, will try to remember to check then.

Learn something new every day, I hope.. ;)

Rita

I watched the video. I have never thought of using glue that way. The way Sharon does the corners and ties the ends together is much easier than what I have been doing. It will be nice not ripping my fingers on the pins. I am adding Elmer\'s glue to my shopping list. Thanks for sharing.

Pamela

Watched it late Friday night and LOVED IT! I have been doing the bindings ALL by hand and taking way too much time. I knew it could be done easier, but never had the time to stop and think about it.

Now that the planning has been done by someone else, I can actually attempt it! Now, if I can just get my machine working right...

Thanks!

Nini Morris

Monroe, GA

PS... an annual subscription is on my Santa list!

I also wanted to post and make sure everyone read the new AQS magazine with an article about Sharon in it. I really loved it and it captures my Mom in such great detail.

There is also an appliqué lesson in the magazine as well that is great.

Thank you all for your kind comments. I have been reading them to Sharon and she is just so happy to hear that everyone is just loving the videos.

Thank you,

Neil Atkin

Sharon Schamber Network

Wow, thank you, Neil, and please thank your mother. I almost look forward to doing another binding!

Given the classes and the quality of videos and information, that\'s a fee-based site that appears to be well worth the investment. Very enticing educational material from a true artisan! I may have to pull out my plastic... ;) (There are some classes I think I might "need". LOL!)

Cool beans!:cool: :D

First I want to say I think it\'s extremely generous that Sharon Schamber makes and shares these videos so freely. The Binding video is 28 mins. long and I have watched it several times---and it\'s awesome! I learned so much about how I can improve attaching my binding! Thank you Sharon for your generous spirit!

I had the opportunity to spend time in Sharon\'s booth at Houston, and she is just so kind and caring. I asked her a lot of questions about her machine that she was using there in the booth, her scissors, her videos, etc.. She was so patient answering all my questions---one on one. I thought then how nice she was to share so much time and information with me...What a great quilter and teacher!

Again---thank you, Sharon. :)

We have about 6 more binding classes planned for the next few months. In fact we will doing a couple binding and stipple videos as she is working on her next quilt for AQS Paducah show.

Not all of them will be for free but we will never stop making the free videos for our viewers who do not wish to join the Network and view the premium members.

Sarkel,

I have a video that i am working on from when we were in Houston. I think I have you on tape sitting with my mom at the sewing machine talking to her.

Maybe you will see your self on the network very soon :)

Archived