A couple of quilts finished this week

Here are 2 quilts that I\'ve just completed this last week. There are more pics of both on my webshots

This first one is one that I pieced the top last fall and finially had time to get it up on the machine and quilted.

2627305710094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

The 2nd one is curved piecing that I\'ve wanted to try for some time. I\'ve had the templates for it for well over a year and finially had time to try it. I think that I like this quilt the best of any I\'ve made for some time. A bit of a challenge, yet I love the colors and it will be hanging in my Family/Dinning room.

2618029070094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Patty Jo--really like both quilts--isn\'t is something that one person can make 2 quilts each with a different personality!! That is what I love about quilting!!

I would love to see the red and white one up a little closer--I see some feathers on there--show them off to us!!!--please.

Also--how did you get 2 pictures in one post??

Terri

Here is a closeup of the Red & White one.

2934425470094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

And this is a sharper picture of the curved piecing one. The "eye" shapes are machine appliqued on and I did not have a pattern. Just made it up as I went but didn\'t want to not use those "Eyes" (they were what wasn\'t used in the "L" shape that I cut out). And I think that they added something (not sure what) to the look of the quilt.

2117333310094956607S425x425Q85.jpg

Opps, I realize that this is laying on it\'s side - oh well, you get the idea..:)

Hi Terri -

To get 2 pic\'s or more onto one post, I use the Reply button above the quick reply box and work thru that screen. There is a little button with a mountain on it and you can click on that and then anypicure that is already online (like Webshots) can be selected. You have to toggle back and forth between the chat here and your pictures. In Webshots if you select a picture, then go to where you can resize it, I set it at 425 and then go to the 3 options below and choose the middle one (can\'t remember what its called) and drag mouse over it and right click to copy it. Toggle back to APQS chat Reply page, click on the mountain and paste the location into the box. Hit enter and the location appears in the reply. You don\'t see the picture until you "Post Reply" That is probably as clear as mud, but then I\'m not the gadget/techno person, so I hope that this helps. I\'ve tried the other ways of posting that have been written about, and I must miss a step somewhere cause I can\'t seem to make it work for me and this way seems much easier to me and I can post more than 1 picture in a post. Anyway, hope it helps.

Hi Rita, Yes go ahead and do the border if you want to. I was running out of fabric and that was how I "stretched" my fabric. Nothin\' special about it. I\'m sure someone else has done the very same thing a time or two.

Thanks for all your kind words. It was fun getting to quilt for myself and it has been awhile since I\'ve kept anything I\'ve made. Was fun to do just a couple of small quilts. The curved one is a bit smaller than a lap quilt and the red & white one is about 48" square. Thanks again for looking.

Archived