introducing myself

Welcome,

I love the quilt you made for your parents. You are going to love your machine when it comes. I love thread too. It is so much fun ordering the different colors. You will probably get some other thread with your machine in sample sizes too. Good luck with the quilting.

Charlotte

Roberta,

Welcome to the forum and I\'m sure you will fall in love with Lenni! I have had my machine about 5 months and I just love it. I have a millenium but they are all great products! I\'m still learning and I think I\'ll keep learning for a long time to come! They are always coming out with something new! Keep us updated on your progress. Your first quilt by the way is beautiful!

This is so much fun getting to meet everyone. Thank you for welcoming me and all your kind comments :).

I have been reading the forum alot the last couple of days and am in such awe of all you all! WOW.. I am so excited to get my lenni and PPP until I can do some of the fine quilting I see here. It is just amazing. I can\'t believe it. How ever do you think of such fine and beautiful quilting designs???? and then pull it off so beautifully!!!

I have been working like the devil the last fews days to finish some UFO\'s so I can have lots of quilts to practice on. I have 3 wall hangings and 1 quilt top. I plan to finish a 2nd quilt top today. I also got an idea from someone around here to practice on Muslin and then donate the finished quilts to the dog shelter for their kennels. I LOVE that idea. I also have a 2 quilts tops that I want to work on (but probably not for afew years). They are made from blocks my mom gave me when I started quilting. They had been in her closet for probably 40 years. Her mom had made them when she was younger so they are all hand pieced and very old. So exciting. But I am afraid...

Anyway, I am so happy to be here with you all. I hope to someday be worthy LOL.

Myrna - let me know if you need me to send you some chili, ha ha... They have a great little shop here that sells hatch chili in different forms. They have a green chili and garlic spice that is just delicious and really has that NM flavor.

Jen - Oh I am a bit jealous of you. I used to live in Boulder Creek and miss the bay area so much. We also can\'t get the good garlic that you have there either. I hope to take a vacation to your area sometime in the next year or so.

Roberta, WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! You will find lots of friends and inspiration on this site. I can\'t say enough about the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who share ideas, knowledge and inspiration for those of us who are not nearly as experienced as they are. It is addicting to come check the site and look at beautiful quilts, as well as write notes to the other members. This is the beginning of a life long adventure for you and your Lenni. Janet

Glad to have you join the forum Roberta! It is a wonderful place

to be, just like home!!!:D

I have a question for you: How did you take such a great photo

of your quilt? Were you up on a ladder? It looks wonderful by

the way and I am sure your folks love it!! You did good!!

I look forward to seeing more of your work too - again, welcome!

Hi everyone :)

I can\'t tell you how tickled I am to be here! Everyone is so warm and welcoming and so helpfull. I can\'t even say how thankful I am. :D

Judy - Dh takes my pictures for me because I am camera impaired, ha ha. He did stand on a step stool. That was at our old house where I had an extra bed to lay the quilt on. At our new house I have to lay it on the floor and he takes pictures from a project ladder in that case... Guess what happened to the bed, ha ha

Great news. I just got my Lenni, I have named my Lenni Francis because I can\'t decide whether she is a girl or a boy. Francis is after Francis Coppola who is a fine wine maker and he happened to have made the wine I was drinking when I decided upon a Lenni :) ..

HEY Roberta!!! Welcome!! There is soooo much to learn!! I\'ve had my baby for about 3 1/2 weeks or so now.... LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!:P:P:P The neat thing about this site, you don\'t have to feel silly asking anything... everyone is so very helpful and lots of fun!! your quilt is gourgeous!! what a job for the first quilt you ever did!! I\'d say you\'ll do just fine!! linda

Archived