NQR But ds is now.....

My ds turned 16 and is now the proud owner of a driving permit!!!:o He says he likes dad to teach him more than me!! I told him when I look at him I still see my 3yr old, but he is hairier! Remember last summer he bought his own car? To me it seems like yesterday he was a baby in my arms!! Dd is almost 15 and cannot wait to get driving too!! I usually buy one box of hair "Hilighter"(grey coverage) a month but since he is driving now I guess I will start to buy in bulk!;) They grow up way tooooooo fast!

Sewhappy

Sewhappy your fun is just getting started! Now of course that mine are 24 & 25 I can sit back and laugh. My kids are a year apart but got their drivers license the same day and drove off together! Yikes. I was a wreck. My son told his sister he felt like they had just stollen the family car! The gray hair comes much quicker now!!!!

My girls are 21 and 24 (married 2 years), time has pasted too quickly. When Jessica (21 year old) completes college next year, gets a job and moves out on her own...that is when I will shed major tears (I am already choking up :( as I write this, but then I get I am a first class emotional sob). We are very close and best of friends. I am hoping she gets a job in town so we can visit often:P:D:).

Cheryl

Sewhappy,

If you going gray now, wait untill you get your insurance bill. :o

When my oldest started to drive, we had Wawanesa. It is such a good deal for good drivers. When the policy came up for renewal, the price jumped $1200 for the year. Our son had no tickets, no accidents. All he had against him was that he was a 17 year old male. The rates are based on stats, I\'m sure but doubling our insurance was no doable. We are with Geico now.

Know where your at....my baby girl is learning to drive too. I think that teaching someone to drive should be classified as an extreme sport.

I sit on my hands in the passengers seat with my foot searching for the break, alas there isn\'t one! Yikes! lol It\'s amazing how long you can go without breathing too.

And why does the car go faster at the same speed when DD is behind the wheel? Jokes aside, she really is getting very good and I\'m starting to relax a little.

Have fun and remember the more time spent out on the road with you the safer they will be. Lets hope we survive :P

cheers

Oh how that brings back those memories. My DD is 21, married and caused lots of grey hair. We were so excited when she got her drivers license. No more taxi service for mom, well let me tell you...she hit a parked car on the drivers side of both vehicles (her front end his rear end)...we are still trying to figure that one out. She got pulled over for speeding on a stretch of road that is about 1/4 of mile going 55 in a 20 and there are more stories, but I don\'t think I have time. When she graduated with a 1.7, we were soooo excited, I have the picture of her getting her diploma right next to her grad picture. (Yes, we probably shouldn\'t have allowed her to drive with those bad grades, but ....well there is an explanation, but I don\'t have the space.)

MY DS on the other hand is an excellent driver...well at least that is what we have observed and heard from people that have followed him. He is by the way 16 gong on 27 with a 4.0...I will be getting grey hair from him worried about him studying too much and not getting out and enjoying himself with all of his friends.

:)

When my DD started driving she was hit in the driver side door on the school parking lot by a cheerleader. Wasn\'t her fault, but messed up her first car. She bought this car with money she earned so it was a really cheap car, but it was her\'s. I felt so bad for her. Then is seemed like she started having wrecks all the time. Her insurance went up, since she was paying for her own, it about broke her for good. Then my stepson started driving. He spent the night at him mom\'s and drove home early in the morning to get ready for school. She is very irresponsible and I\'m sure she didn\'t make him go to be at a reasonable hour. He feel asleep at the wheel, totaled his car and hit another small pickup. Fortunately he hit the bed of the other truck so no one was hurt. We had to sign a form saying that neither one of our kids would drive our vehicles just to keep the cost of our insurance down.

They are now 26 and 28 and neither have had accidents or ticket in several years....but it was tough going in the beginning. I\'m so glad everyone is grown and we don\'t have to go through all of that again.

After being thru it with 5 (yeah, count \'em) I know where of you speak!

FYI: for Christmas (2007) my younger son and I (he\'s 40 - the LAPD detective) purchased a radar detector for my older son.... thereby saving him LOTS of money in speeding tix. (He\'s 43 by the way, you\'d think he\'d be at the top of the learning curve) LOL

All are fine, the steps (who live in Colorado) seem to not get tix. Hmmm....maybe I was more careful with the second batch.

Just make sure that when your teen is driving and they say "do I need to turn left here?" You don\'t say "right" (meaning that left is the correct way to turn:P:D)...you may find yourself turning the wrong way:P...It happened to me so I learned to say "correct". Just a thought...

Cheryl

Archived