Need Suggestions

I would wait until after your done quilting it to do the buttons. Otherwise your machine needle could hit a button and cause all kinds of problems.

Loopy meander is just like a medium size stipple with loops thrown in every once in awhile.

Originally posted by dixieqwv

Thank you so much.

What does a loopy meander look like? Sorry I\'m a pantograph quilter.

Yes buttons will be placed in the jar. I thought I should wait but maybe I need to do the buttons now.

Here is what a loopy meander or stipple looks like. Its all freehand, and you start and stop where ever you want to.

Sorry so rough looking I didn\'t have my drawing pad hooked up.;)

post--13461899697214_thumb.jpg

I did a wallhanging similar to this once for a customer. I attached a rough image of how I stitched the thread cones to make it look like it is wrapped on the spool.

Then on the sewing machine part, I used gold thread and tried to recreate the look of the designs on the old singer sewing machines...vines and plumes and some rope-like designs. It was pretty difficult but she loved it.

post--13461899724624_thumb.jpg

I would suggest the same as jessica for the spools. In the button jar, I would fill it up with circle stitching ( pebbles), then sew the buttons on after quilting. You may want to print letters off your computer to spell out "singer" or another sewing machine brand, mark them onto the sewing machine and do faux-trapunto to make them pop out. If you add a small section of puffy batting under that area and then do dense stiching around they will "pop" without cutting the batting around each individual letter.

This quilt looks like fun- wish I could trade you for this PITA Thimbleberries Club quilt I am procrastinating on. :mad:

Good luck! Be sure to post aftershots.

I just so happen to have this pattern and I just so happen to be going to a UFO sit in this Saturday. You have all inspired me to make this wall hanging!!

Thanks everyone- I am not sure I would stay as motivated if it were not for all of you!!!

Randi

Archived