Map showing location of APQS owners

Hi everyone, as of this morning we have over 70 people listed on this map. I think people in Europe and other areas should now be able to put themselves on this map. When you click on "not in the U.S.), a box asks for your city. Start typing in your city and if it shows up in the list, you can be added.

When you add yourself, be sure to state what type of APQS machine you have. This is really fun to see where everyone is located and what machine they use.:D

This is the address to the map: http://www.frappr.com/apqslongarmers

Please be aware that there are several maps for different quilting groups. If you've signed up for one, you are not on all of them. If you own/use an APQS machine, please sign onto this map - it is only for APQS users:cool:

• 8 months later...

I just went and looked at the map to see if there were any LA's close to me. Not a soul in New Mexico has a LA and has posted it??? I guess I should hurry and get my machine and the whole state would be available. Hopefully it will still have plenty when I get to start...

Bev

Hi Bev,

I just sent you a U2 message regarding this. :)

Originally posted by Snowflake

I just went and looked at the map to see if there were any LA's close to me. Not a soul in New Mexico has a LA and has posted it??? I guess I should hurry and get my machine and the whole state would be available. Hopefully it will still have plenty when I get to start...

Bev

Guest Linda S

Not everyone who has a longarm is on this map. Actually, this map is only for folks who have APQS machines and, I'm sure, not all of us are on the map. If you want to contact someone who lives near you, you can most likely find them on this chat board. Most of us have profiles, email addresses, webpages, etc. listed. My webpage has my phone number on it. Sometimes you have to do a little bit of detecting to find someone, but it's not all that difficult.

Linda

Hello Ladies, I don't have my machine yet...but am planning to have it soon. I will be going to Phoenix about the middle of October and would like to know if it would be possible to stop by and meet those of you that would be on the way? I have a traing that will be for two weeks, so I will have some time to go exploring again. The last time I was there, I found several quilt shops and learned how to navigate. I really would like to find someone within a reasonable distance from my home that would allow me to come and "test drive". I just have this overwhelming desire to get a LA and my DH is a little skeptical and keeps asking if I wouldn't want to try it first. The first time I saw a LA was in 1994 at the "Daisy Kingdom" store in Portland when I worked there, and it has been a secret desire for many years. Since returning to New Mexico, it was kinda put on the back burner, ...but guess what...the burner is glowing red!!

Beverly

Originally posted by Snowflake

... I will be going to Phoenix about the middle of October and would like to know if it would be possible to stop by and meet those of you that would be on the way? ng red!!

Beverly

Beverly, when you know your schedule, let me know exactly when you'll be in the Phoenix area and I'd be more than happy to let you try my Millie and CompuQuilter.

Well, I'm a newbie here, but a lurker for quite a while. I've had my Millie for a year or so, but haven't even considered going into business yet, since I'm still working. I acquired my Millie simply because I love quilting, and was blessed enough to have received an inheritance, and a husband who encouraged me to go for it. And given some of the things I "allowed"? "encouraged"? him to purchase in the past, I think he only thought it fair that I have my heart's desire also.

I think I will put my sticker on the map - seems a bit of fun to see where other APQS owners are - not too many registered where I am (Austin, TX).

Mary

I am in the process of researching the features of all the long arm machines out there. I have tried the APQS and the Gammill at the Lancaster quilt show and would like to hear from anyone who has compared the two and hear why they chose the APQS!

Thanks,

Joyce

I was just visiting the map and for those who don't think you have a marker, you do. On the lower right-hand part of the map is a little area that states something like "50 makers showing" and then a button to press that says "show rest of markers." When you click on this button, all the rest of the markers show up and you can click on them and find out who is there. Also, in the lower right-hand corner of the page is a section listing members. I believe only the last 50 members show up, click on the button that says something like, next group or show rest of members. We are all listed!

http://www.frappr.com/apqslongarmers

Archived