September Moxi Machine Quilters Group Meeting (NW LA'rs)

Hi all of you MMQG'rs- for all who can come to the September meeting, it will be on Saturday, Sept. 13th 10AM to ???? Potluck lunch, so bring something to share. For those whose e-mail addresses that I don't have, please U2U them to me so that I can give you directions to my house.

I'm looking forward to the meeting & I'm open for suggestions as to what we can discuss or if there is something we all want to learn ...... Just chime in and I'll see what I can do. OK, hope this works for everyone. :cool:

Hi Patty Jo,

I'm really looking forward to meeting at your studio. I really enjoyed all the sharing we did last time. It seemed as people did their show and tell it spun off to discussions and demos all by itself. I think leaving the agenda open works really well. Time just zooms by and the agenda goes out the window with it.

See you in September.

I'm looking forward to it, Patty Jo.

How about doing a tutorial on your pretty colored quilt? Those who are interested can try it out. I will be happy to stitch out some small samples and anyone interested can bring their own colored pencils. Let me know if this sounds like fun.

Colored quilts - Sounds amazing to me. Maybe we can get a head count on how many want to do that and then for those who want to do something else, Unless of course everyone wants to do a colored quilt... Let me know what you all want to do. This is the best time of year to get colored pencils as all of that kind of stuff is on sale. So, get your colored pencils, let us know and the 2 Linda's will stitch out some samples to get you going. Also, Linda A has mention doing a short class on garmet construction. Anyone up for that??? We can have several things going at once. I'm getting excited!!!!!!! I hope you are too!!:P:cool::)

I have exactly 2 minutes this morning to lurk and just had to sign in to say, colored quilts and garments sound like great fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Patty Jo let us know if I can help in any way. See you in September:D

I've put it on my calendar - but how did you know to schedule it at the same time as the local longarm group? But I'd rather come over and see youse guys!:P

Maybe Nancy and I can carpool (as long as she's not already on the coast), or I can go visit my bro and his family in Stayton.....

Can my sister Donna act as my proxy and attend your fun MOXI meeting? She lives in SE Salem. I think she might like to meet you. :) You guys will absolutely blow her mind with your beautiful quilts!!!She's not a quilter (yet) but says some day she wants to do it (probably just piece and have a longarmer do her stuff) Hey, do you know any good longarmers in Salem, Patti?? ;):D

Yes, Yes, Yes Donna is definately invited. In fact I think that you sent me her phone number so I will call and invite her. We'll teach her how to color quilts and hopefully the quilting bug will bite her!! Can you let her know that I'll be calling her? OK, and if you change your mind and decided to drop down to the lower 48, you can come too Shana. :cool:

Beth - Why don't you give us a couple of dates that works best for you and then when everyone is here, they can vote on them.:) You can post them here, or e-mail them to me. which ever. I'm so sorry that Saturdays don't work for you, but Sundays don't work for me very well at all. DH's worst day after chemo is Sunday, so I need to stay close to him so that I don't worry....:( He sleeps most of the day, but if I leave, I'm always wondering what he's doing.., OK, OK, I'm a Worry Wort - Anyway, let us know dates that work for you.:cool:

Patty Dahling,

I am going to come on long enough to say count me in on the colored quilt. Yours is exquisite. Barb, we can ride together. If you want to stay in Vancouver and hit Fabric Depot, we could go to Patty Jo's from there. I have an extra bedroom over there. Moving into the new house here in mid-August. Enough with the moving already.

Speaking of colored quilts did y'all see Sue Patten's Perfume on a Pig. Wow. How cool.

Nancy Jo

This will be great! I will toss in here that the colored quilts take 30 seconds to explain but are so addicting you may spend hours on it--it will be a great take-home project! So there will be plenty of time for another demo and lots of other things like our great Show and Tell!

Before the meeting I will find my hand-out from Irene Bluhm's class to give her recommendations for pencils, paint, and textile medium. She is really something--at the end of her class she told us if anyone wanted to pass along her technique or teach a class (!!!!) we were welcome to do so! What a woman!

Cross your fingers...DH said that he will try to take some time off work and we will come out. I can come to the meeting...then we will drive down the coast on a mini vacation for a few days!! Nothing is written in stone, and he has a very difficult time taking off work because they are short handed...be he really needs the time away...and he loves that part of the country so I am trying to convince him that it would be good for him ;)

Rod would have to get over it!! :P I miss my furry friend(s), BTW! Jeanne has a furry friend that is all over me when I go there (I don't take it personal...like Toby, I think he is all over everyone that walks through the door).

I will let you know about room rental!! I've got my fingers crossed that he will ask off. Everytime he takes off work, he has to work extra the day before he leaves and two days after he gets back to keep things flowing. He already works 12 hour days 6 days a week, so he hates to take off.

Archived