Ever wonder where customer service went? I found it.

I started to piece a quilt this week and hand washed a piece of Kaufman red fabric. It bled, and bled, and bled. I thought I'd need a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. I washed it 7 times then put in the machine on the longest cycle, dried it, and then hand washed again to make sure the bleeding stopped. Nope.

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy as I'd bought 2 1/2 yards and was out quite a bit of money and would need to purchase a different red. I emailed Kaufman fabrics. Wow, what customer service!

They apologized profusely, told me to go the website and pick out 5 yards of any fabric I wanted. They sent a courier to get the bleeding fabric so they could check the mill where it was made. When the received the fabric, they called and told me to go to the site again and pick a replacement red.

I picked a red and emailed my choice. I got another call, saying the new red I'd picked might also bleed as it came from the same mill as the first. I was to to pick a backup red, just in case. Can you believe this company? I can't remember a time in years where a company actually gave a hoot about a customer's problem.

100 cheers for Kaufman, a company that stands behind their product!

That is great customer service and word-of -mouth is the best advertising.

I wonder with the economy the way it is if good service will make a comeback since no company can afford to lose customers with money so tight everywhere. All except the oil companies, of course. Their motto--"We don't care. We don't have to."

Columbia River Called me on the phone to tell me an order I placed would be delayed 2 days due to storm damage and service outage.. Can't beat that.. also received 5 yards of fabric as a prize in a contest.. and it was wonderful and generously cut, as well.. Love them both.

ritaR

Linda...

I have used the Monolon twice in the last week since I've gotten it...I hope you like it! It quilted up like a dream. Remember to loosen your tension a good 2 turns. The only problem is that it is so fine, with my eyes I can hardly see it to thread the needle. :oLuckily, I had no breakages at all so I didn't have to thread it very much!!!

Archived