Lenni and quilt studio

Just wondering if there is any plan to adapt the new quilt studio to the Lenni? I understand that it is not set up for computerized systems at this point. Is that correct?

Sorry for so many questions. When I finally purchase a system I will have to think about future needs like being able to used computerized software at a later time. Don't necessarily want to limit my options. Jeanne

Jeanne, don't know what your goal is with your machine (business or personel) but I just got my Lenni on Monday and have just completed my first large baby quilt on it and I have fallen in love!! Now, I plan to only do a small amount of business with her but she is perfect for my needs and my space. She is as smooth as silk! Sylvia

Sylvia

I am also a hobby quilter. I work full time amd will work probably for another 10 years before I can retire and spend alot more time quilting. I don't have room in my house right now for more than about a 10 ft frame and that is why I am looking at the Lenni. I have also viewed and am thinking about the other mid arm size machines. I currently have a B-Line frame with a Juki which only gives me a small area to quilt and the precision is awful ,or I am awful one of the two. So I feel if I get a bigger system and make an investment I will want to get something which I will not grow out of at least in the next ten years until I retire and may want to quilt more full time or at least more often. I really love the computer systems that they have for the machines right now, but you are talking 30,000.00 dollars for both. I know you can drive it and it has wheels but it doesn't leave the house. LOL I didn't quite pay that for my car and I will probably drive that for the next 7 or 8 years..

It would be nice if a computer system could be adapted to the Lenni in case at some time I could afford that but who knows when that would be.

I am so excited for you to have your new machine , have you finished any quilts on it yet. I am hoping to have a system, hopefully the Lenni by Xmas.

I just pulled my first quilt off the frame. I had bought some cheap children's fabric for practicing thinking I could give them to charily. I love how it turned out. I am not too hard on myself as some quilters are. I know I am in the learning mode so I accept the square places where it is supposed to be a curve. Some of mine even do curve, yhea! I just know that if the first one is this tolerable then the best is out there somewhere for me to find. And finding the best will be a beautiful journey. I have sewn on a Juki with a grace frame and the Lenni can not be compared to that. It is like apples and oranges. I have taught sewing for 30 years on a domestic machine and am pretty darned good on that but this is what I would tell you. You have 10 years to go bigger. Get a smaller machine now and have fun for a lower price. In 10 years machines may not even look like they do now nor run the same software. When you retire go for the gold. More experienced quilters may disagree and I bow to their knowledge. I tried to load a picture but I can't sorry. Sylvia

you are so wise Sylvia. I can't afford a computer system now anyway so why worry over that. I have some friends here in SC who have apqs machines. I have tried the computer system and it is great, I think I will ask to try the free motion or to follow a pantograph. That is what I am doing right now with my system. Free motion I am pretty good at the all over meandering. As long as I don't have to change speed. (no stitch regulator) Do you find the stitch regulator hard to get used to or didn't you use it. did you post a picture of you baby quilt yet. Iwould keep it as a momento of your first Lenni Quilt. How long did it take you to decide to Just do it! Choosing a machine and ordering. Did you get to try a Lenni before you bought one? I would love to see and try one. I wonder if any quilt shows will have them in the south anytime soon. Maybe Jax, Fl they have a show in sept or oct I think.

Congrats on your Lenni and enjoy.

hi Joanne

that would be great. how far are you from Fayetteville, NC

my son and daughter in law live there and I get up that way also daughter in Charlotte. is Greensboro close to either of those places. I really would love to see and try a Lenni before I make a decision.

Joanne, I didn't post the picture and don't know the rules as to how. I did not drive the Lenni before I choose it. I had driven a Brother and a Juki and an HQ16 and an A1. I knew alot of the "powers that be" in the quilting world used APQS. I really didn't take that long to decide. You can read some of my early posts that show my indecision. Then, I just thought - price, space, this forum, my dealer - this is for me. That's the day I ordered it! Some of the features on the other mid-arms just seemed to be a bit too much like a fancy domestic machine. Those I have already! One thing that sold it for me as opposed to the HQ16 was not only the extra throat space but the "stop" position. On the HQ when you stop the needle continues to bob slowly up and down. With the Lenni, you stop, it stops. I do like the SR and don't intend to even play with the other. I want my stitches to be the same size so I intend to get good from the SR position. I did ask for the solid table and am glad I did. I know how you feel just now but thinking about it is part of the fun! If you lived closer you could just test drive mine. Sylvia :D

Hi IBQLTN2.

I saw your reference to the Jax Fl quilt show. Yes, we will have a Lenni there as well as the Millie, and Freedom SR. If you attend we will be in booth #102 in the 1st aisle. The show is at the end of Sept. The info is on my website for the show. If you don't get to see a Lenni before then we'll be happy to show you.

YOU are right it is fun to think about and I have gone through this same process thinking I wanted the HQ 16 and then also the Tin Lizzie LS Have not tried either of those machines either. I hung out at the forum for Tin Lizzie and most people seem to really like them. Sharon Schambers sells and endorses them, however, she hasn't made any of her famous quilts on them. I believe she uses an APQS or a Gammil, but that speaks to me as to whether you can get to that experise level with a machine like that or not. I don't know but the price difference is a few thousand dollars it just might be worth the extra to not have to upgrade in a few years to another machine.

I think I have talked myself into going all the way to larger machine when I can. I am thankful to this forum and all the information everyone is so willing to share. it is great! Jeanne

wow, Patty

You girls are great. I would like to get to that show. i have a few friends who showed some interest in coming as well. Millenium owners of an older machine. We will surely try to get there. and will look you up for sure if we can come. thanks. Jeanne

Hi Jeane, I'm in Sanford, about 35 miles north of Fayetteville and 60 miles from Greensboro where Joanne and Kelley are.. see, this would be closer.. and I could even "feed" Joanne and kelley, and you folks of course. LOL>. sort of an inside joke..

RitaR

i see Rita so you are in between.

when are you having your surgery? My daughter in law lives in Raeford, well my son too , but he is deployed to Iraq right now in the Army there at Bragg. Maybe it could work out. I have a vacation coming up the last week in august and hoping t get up to see those beautiful granddaughters of mine .

IBQLTN2 (very clever name)

Quilt Studio will not be an option for Lenni because of the design of the table and the need for different boards and internal wiring.

At the moment,I believe, the Millennium is the only machine that APQS are planning to retrofit with Quilt Studio and if you are considering buying a used Millennium, it might be a good idea to ring the factory with the serial number and type of table (square or rounded ends) to check that it will be suitable.

Hope you get a chance to try Lenni, its a terrific machine.

Best wishes

sue in Australia

Hey IBQL, and Joanne.. I'll have the implant done Aug 21. I don't look for it to keep me down long since the hysterectomy only had me down over night.. last week of Aug would work well..

Have food can cook.. himself can help.. as before.

Would love it if this can work out.

RitaR

RITA

You must be pretty good to not have a hysterectomy keep you down longer than that. Mine kept me out of work for a month and even then I wasn't on top of the world.

You will have to let us know after the surgery how you are doing and what you are up to. Sure don't want to detract from your speedy recovery. Jeanne

Rita,

You are so tempting me! I'll be at my son's house on the 29th! I wonder what they would say if I told them I had to go for a drive and might be gone all day and then some! LOL too bad you weren't just outside of Wilmington! We're only there for 4 days this time so so spare time at all! Of course if a hurricane blows in then we'll come to your house for safety!:D:D:D

Archived