LENNI ADOPTION

LENNI 1319 HAS A NEW HOME!!

HI everyone, I am so excited this morning. I spoke with Tony last night and began my adoption process for the last used Lenni on the list. I really was wanting to wait until Christmas, but with such a deal I just couldn't pass it up. My deposit is in the mail and she has my name on her. Pink ribbons, and bows and OH so much excitement at my house. Thursday is our longarm splinter group and I can hardly wait to bring the pictures to show the girls.

Happy Jeanne in SC

I sure hope mine will fit my room okay. Have you tried a real quilt yet Sylvia or are you still on Practice pieces. I will post pictures when I get one done. that is if I figure out how to post them. I have read the instructions you all have given so I think I will be able to handle it. I have lots of tops to practice on but think I will try practice fabric first. jp

long arm splinter group is a specialty group for long, mid and short arm quilters formed from our guild. We have several smaller (splinter as a branch off the main) groups inside the big group a few by location that meet once or twice a month in each area and some by special interest such as the Long Arm and Arts groups. we have about 12 to 15 long arm quilters in the group right now. jp

thanks so much for your warm welcomes you all have such beautiful quilts on here and your webshots. can't wait to get going and try some cool stuff myself. I have been doing a few on my short arm but mostly all over meandering, not much luck with anything fancy yet, but lets hope that will change over the next 6 months or so as the learning curve narrows. lets see i this one works probably not . http://bp1.blogger.com/_IBksycDhhdo/SH_-l2fF80I/AAAAAAAAACA/RDg_dMjNELM/s200/RAEMEY

Jeanne, I somehow seem to walk to a different drummer with "rules" so I didn't do what most people do when they get their machines. I didn't practice on a sandwich of muslin and just play and play. I got together some children't print flannel for the top and then batting and cotton backing and started right out with a panto that was sent with the machine. It looked great for a newby. The tension was great, the fabric rolled perfectly and I just sewed and sewed. The curves started out a bit square but by the time I was finished they were fairly round. I did another one right after and used another panto that had more curves and my curves kept improving. I am giving them to charity in the morning. I plan to quilt a large "real" quilt early next week. I have saved many quilt tops in anticipation of getting my Lenni. Most of the girls here are Mille owners and I know they love them just like I love my Lenni. My husband is already jealous of the time I spend with her. You are going to fall in love shortly!!! This is what I was doing on my DM Sylvia

post--1346190024453_thumb.jpg

very good Sylvia. your feathers look nice and smooth I hope I can make my feathers that good. I will probably try to follow a panto as well. Never have been able to do it too well on my current short arm system, not much control and not stitch regulated. That is the part that I am really looking forward to having and learning. I look at some of these qults that have been done and I wonder how long does it take to make quilts like that. I have been wanting to improve my quilting skills for so long and maybe now with a great machine and a lot of practice I will be able to quilt as well as I can piece. 'That is why I would rather make tops than quilt because I am usually not as happy with my quilting as my piecing. Sylvia we will be starting at the same learning curve together so we will have to keep challenging each other not to give up. We all seem to want instant gratification. Keep up the good work Sylvia I will be right behind you. Jeanne

Archived