Well I finally took the plunge..

...and ordered my Freddie and IQ yesterday. Woo-whoo, I'm so excited and nervous and feel like I have butterflies in my stomach. I'm not sure how long it'll take for delivery but will know when Tony or Misty call from headquarters. Once I know that I'll have to move the bed out of the master bedroom and into the spare room to make way for Freddie. (I still think of Queen and Freddie Mercury ... guess I'll have to put a crown on Freddie when he arrives.) 

Now I just have to make a list of what I would like Myrna to teach me when I take her class in St George. Any suggestions for what i ask to be shown how to do? I'll be doing pantos/E2Es with the IQ for customer quilts but for my own I'd like to learn ruler work and FMQ. I know that tips on working with minkee are already on the list. Maybe a trip to Starbucks for a cup of tea to calm down as well?  :P

Sure bttyboopette, while I think that eventually the Quilt Path will have all the features that IQ has today I didn't want to wait and deal with the growth pains. And since both would be a third party product it didn't seem to make much sense to me to go with Quilt Path at this time. I do think that it's on the right 'path' so to speak. For me I especially wanted the ability to use the 'no-sew' zones of IQ to do a panto and skip sections. I'm thinking it'd be fantastic on embroidered quilts or applique'd jelly rolls for starters.

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!  I don't think you'll be disappointed on either count.  I've been lusting after a Freedom for some time.  I have a Liberty, which I love, but every now and then I hunger for a few more inches of throat space.  I would, however, have to cover up the Freddie name if I got one -- I had an old boyfriend named Freddie.  What a disaster!  Wouldn't want his name in my face every day!   ^_^

I think you were most wise to choose the IQ.  I absolutely love mine.  It's a fabulous system with customer service and on-line help that cannot be beaten.  

Archived