Sign in to follow this  
Ann Wight

Bliss upgrade leftovers

I just wanted to share what we did with the supports from my original table when I upgraded to the Bliss system. We bolted them to the legs under the new table and I use them to manage my batting and tops. On very large quilts, I flip the batting and quilt top back up over the top bar and keep it nice and square without puddling on the floor.  I always float my quilts.

post-62883-0-94555800-1396113172_thumb.jpg

Hand driven green Millennium, Bliss Table.

http://bunkhousequilts.blogspot.com/

This is exactly what I want to do.  I'll have to turn all my little plastic storage units around so I can access them from the back, but I think it will work so now I just have to figure out how to use my Side Saddle computer if I Bliss my table.  I always float my tops too and I hate that "puddling" in the front. Thanks.

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.

This is exactly what I want to do.  I'll have to turn all my little plastic storage units around so I can access them from the back, but I think it will work so now I just have to figure out how to use my Side Saddle computer if I Bliss my table.  I always float my tops too and I hate that "puddling" in the front. Thanks.

I have plastic drawers under my  table too and just turned them around and use them from the back.  The bars give me a bit of tension on the quilt sandwich, holding it nice and straight and smooth.

Hand driven green Millennium, Bliss Table.

http://bunkhousequilts.blogspot.com/

Great idea!  You have invented a new "float."  You have the "clamped float," or the "pinched float," or the "bar float."  I'd love to be able to do this.

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

I have stretched a long piece of bungee cord between the legs of my machine that I use to hold back the quilt top and batting when I float my quilts.  There are several different weights at your hardware store--go for a medium to heavier weight so that it keeps it held back. If it's too light weight the weight of the fabric/batting will flex it too much.  It will never be quite as smooth as the pipes, but its worked for me for years and is very inexpensive!! :)  AND...you can work around the stuff you have under your machine. ;) 

Shannon Hicks

Piece and Joy Quilting, LLC  

IntelliQuilter dealers/installers Longarm, IQ and digitizing workshops

There are just so many clever and talented people on this forum. Learn something new everytime I sign in.

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com