MQS 2008

Mary Beth

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The catalog online is for the 2007 classes. At least that\'s what my computer says. I refreshed it twice to be sure.

Mary Beth, you already have your catalog? Mine hasn\'t come yet. I think its a conspiracy so that I can\'t go!!! DH must have gotten to someone!

Anyone else received their catalog already?

PJ,

I am flying...I\'m not crazy about long drives. I think we have AirBus Airlines now at the Richmond Airport. It is a low cost airlines...you pay for a lot of things that would normally be provided. You pay extra for checking luggage (stuff like that). I have heard that with all the extras it probably would come out around $40 one way...not sure if this is really true, but I am going to check it out. I think I have to fly into Columbus, OH then down to KC. It doesn\'t matter what airline I fly I will still have to make a connection somewhere (boy, I hate that).

I\'ll stop rambling now and go back to quilting.

Cheryl

We had a traveler come through KC recently and she said she left her dirty clothes behind so she could take more fabric home. There\'s Wal-Mart everywhere for more clothes!! I\'d love to meet up with all of you as well. I live in Olathe, just outside KC, so I\'m happy to drive as well as we go "hoppin!"

Oops, my bad. Carol Wiles (IMQA Membership chair) just corrected me on the Hilton Inn not being a "breezeway" away from the convention center. It is close but not that close. ;) Thanks, Carol.

I did check the Sheraton rate just now thinking that maybe I could get a good deal at the Sheraton like the Hilton. Uh, no. The Sheraton was running $179 a night; I did not check to see if there was a quilter\'s discount though. I\'ll just keep my $89 room at the Hilton, thank you very much. Think of all the money I\'m saving...more for shopping. Cha-Ching $$$. :D

I also found that the Hilton shuttle to the airport is $26 which sounds way better than the rental car I got in June...I got so lost. I would never have made it to my BIL house in Gladstone(?) without Hawkeye (Mary Beth) leading me down the freeway.

Originally posted by ramona-quilter

Hey Mary Beth, was that Jack Stacks that we all went to last year. Jeanne, Renae, Carla, Tammie and Deb were there with us and all those rowdy Gammill dealers at the next table. :D That was some good eating.

I would also like to sign up for the quilt run - shop til you drop event in KC. Maybe we should rent a bus. :P We probably could not afford a bus. My car rental in June was normal but the airport fees that they tack onto the car rental were sky high. I guess KC has to pay for that new airport somehow. That is the coolest airport I have ever seen. It is definitely built with the traveler in mind.

Oh Yes, our meeting at Jack Stacks was a highlight of my week. I also would love to join in a shop hop. I\'m hoping to drive and have a car. Oh my, that 10-hour drive was horrible, but loved having a car! See you all there! Tammie and I will be staying at the Sheraton. So let\'s get some plans going on meeting spots--I know we spent a lot of time at the bar at the Sheraton. Great place for catching folks coming and going.

Wow, this is too much fun...we may actually have a plan this year and not fly by the seat of our pants!! That bus for hopping is sounding better all the time...humm...I wonder if my BIL who works for National Car Rental can cut me a deal...I know he loves my Chicken and Dumplins....I\'m thinkin....;)

I understand that registration for MQS for IMQA members begins on Dec. 1st. Does that mean that the online registration will open up then? Or should I fill out the paper registration form, mail it, and hope that it arrives first, so that I get the classes I want? I\'ve got my eye an half a dozen "hands-on" classes, and I know they fill up fast!

Archived