Innovations 2008--more pictures

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beth Durand is hosting a post-Innovations de-briefing at her studio next Sunday. We plan to compare classes and instructors, hotels, and the best places to have dinner! I am sure she will post info before then.

She looked great in the APQS booth!

Sherry Rogers-Harrison attended the dinner and I happened upon her on Friday as she was having Lollapalooza appraised by Beverly Dunivent. This quilt is more breathtaking in person than you can imagine. It is stitched and inked to perfection, but what amazed me was the design. It swoops and swirls and goes inside and out--all very carefully and precisely--wow!! Designs flow around and are compressed and expanded--it boggles my mind! Then her "filler" designs are miniscule interlocking circles stitched with gold thread. She should do well with it as long as the big shows can figure which category to place it in--it is so new-new-new! Good luck Sherry!

Debbi & Holly - congratulations on your winners! Way to go, girls!

Linda - thank you so much for having taken all those pictures and for posting them here.

I really hope to be able to admire Sherry's Loolapalooza in person at MQS next year. It looks sooo amazing in pictures already - it's hard to imagine its true grandeur!

Birgit

Wow, what talent we have here. I am not surprised though. Congrats to all of you.

Congrats Holly - your first show and a ribbon, you must be floating on the ceiling.

Birgit - I would love to peek inside your designers head - your ideas are so fresh. This one is no exception. And a First Place, Wow,

Debbi - Way to go, girlfriend. Wow, a first plafce for your Stars. Fabulous. I hope to see this in person at MQS.

Hi Lani,

I used a whole bunch of different threads on that Christmas quilt---King Tut, Rainbows, So Fine and lots of different brands of cottons, metallics, some were variegated, some were solids -- you name it---whatever was at my finger tips and I was spontaneous with the moment and just had fun with it. Each separate block had different types of threads in it. The gold thread was most likely a Metallic made by Superior. I used monopoly in the bobbin with all of these threads, which helped hide any potential of pokies that might possibly show through, and it worked well. This was one of my first quilts so I practiced a lot of techniques I learned as a beginner quilter while using a variety of threads and designs. All of the applique is trapunto (I never did trapunto before!) so piecing and quilting this project was a great learning experience for me! ;)

The quilts were all fabulous!! I so enjoyed looking at everyone of them. Shana I studied your quilt for the longest time because of all the different styles and threads. I really think it should have won a ribbon.

Birgit your quilt was just beautiful eye candy.

Linda C your Frankie quilt was beautiful.

Debbie your quilt was breathtaking.

Holly congratulations Well deserved ribbon.

You are all inspiration

Archived