NQR - yeah!!!!! I Passed my test

This past year at real work has been so tyring and exhausting all at once. Our firm had asked our whole department to "invest" in ourselves. On line classes, soft skill training classes you name it we did it. They paid for it all, but it was a huge committment in time and energy, especially since i have 16 people that report up to me. Helping to keep them on track, let me just say wow.

So to make a long year seem short, everyone had taken their final tests october 15- november 14.

I PASSED IN THE 90% GROUP!!!!!!

Not only that, but all of our people who took this year seriously passed as well. We have 8 that didn't score enough on their test, but 6 of those can take the test again in January. The other 2 will need a bit more work, but I am confident that they can get there.

It is so nice to finally feel done with this initial process where I can truly focus on more "home- me things". Including quilting.

I have a custom piece on the rack now, and need to complete a few christmas gifts in the next couple days (yes in between bread and cooking).

I can't wait to share some of the things that I did manage to complete this past year.

Thanks to all of you who kept me going. I would see the posts and you all make me smile.:cool::cool::cool:

All right - got to go back to the kitchen!

Julia

Wonderful, Julia! You are a role model for your direct reports. You set the bar, you set the goal, you worked hard and you accomplished what you wanted to do. Your employees respect you for this. You did this as a team, and now you can help the others achieve the goal, too, because you proved you all can do it. :) How awesome is that! Way to go!

OK, so if you are inclined to share the information, what type of firm do you work for and what test did you pass? :)

Personally for me, back in 2001, I set a goal for myself, studied hard, and passed the 2-day test, and earned a professional certification (Certiified Administrative Professional) back in 2001. My percentile for each section (there were 4 sections) ranked in the 90's too. I think my DH made his own meals for 3 months solid because I spent most nights and weekends preparing for that test. :P I learned so much by studying for this exam. It is one of the best things I ever did for myself.

I continue with my CEUs so I can retain my certification.

Again, congrats.

I have been happily and luckily employed by Ernst & Young, LLP for the last 11.5 years. I am the tax supervisor for our Midwest subarea. 16 folks report up to me, the other half report to my partner in crime on the audit side.

Finance is an internal finance group to the Firm. we work with the partners and client serving teams to help them manage the planning, profitability, economics, collections, you name it. This lets the teams free up their time to work on client realted products. We are also the "police" to the firm and ensuring that all the partners are abiding by policy, etc. it is a tough line, because we work with them, but not necessarily for them. We have to be the impartial group that alerts the teams and leadership when the are overbudget, expecting write offs or revenue pick ups.

I really love what I do. I know I make a really big difference.

The test was both techincal (formulas, economics, math, hard stuff) and soft skills (ie what do you do when- how do you handle such and such)

The whole goal was to get our people out of the order taking mode and help them be more consultative, collaborative, effective. etc.

I am so proud of my team and how much they accomplished. Depending on how well they scored, the firm gave them days off as recognition. Way cool!

Archived