next Moxie NW group meeting

Just wondering if there has been any chatting about when the next Moxie NW group meeting/gathering may be.........and where?

Awhile back there was talk of Brendalee wanting to host in January but haven't heard anything lately.

Brendalee~it's nice to see/read that you are feeling better and that NancyJo has you for a friend. You are great!

Bonnie:)

Hi Bonnie--yes, we need a meeting in January! I am sure Brendalee has plans firming up.

I am shooting for a meeting here in March or April. All you Oregonians can ride-share or I can pick up at the Amtrak station if you want to take the train--that sounds like fun to me!!

Mary Beth!!!! Could you come if you had enough notice?? I will try to work around schedules and since the best day for Beth is Sunday, pick a Sunday in April and we can shoot for that!!

Here is some Amtrak info for those interested--

Fare from Portland to Olympia is $40 round-trip unless you qualify for a discount. AAA, military, seniors, etc. can get a 10% discount.

As of today, the schedule from Portland to Oly--best case--is leave Portland at 8:05 am (too early?) and arrive at Oly 10:18 am with much fun on the train!

Depart Oly at 6:54 pm, arrive 9:10 pm in Portland. That is a lllooonnnggg day but doable. Or, leave Oly at 3:44 pm and arrive 6:15 pm. That may work better. We can always ferry twice to the train station if anyone wants to stay later. Amrak schedules and rates on-line of course. It's a long way off, but in-put is good--whatta ya think?

MB--you can fly into PDX or Seatac and someone will come get you--in fact, we may have to arm-wrestle over that honor!!

ooo, ooo, ooo - can I put in a suggestion for Sunday, April 26th, puhleeeese?? I will be more than halfway across the state already for meetings on the 25th - it's just a hop, skip and a jump down to Olympia from where I'll be, instead of a seven hour drive.

Also, don't forget that Easter falls in April next year - Sunday, April 12th.

Who could be scared of you Pat? I'm probably closest to the Portland Airport, but I think that our guest room will be occupied by our 6 month roomate at the time of the meeting. However, I'm still available to bring MB to any destination of her choosing. I think she's probably going to take a pass on sharing a dog bed with Toby, my dog who is in love with her.

Patty Jo just be sure you keep the Garmin away from MB. I hear she tends to "drop" them. Or maybe not now that she works for them. :D:D:D:D Hey, maybe she'll bring us each one for Christmas.......Oops, I mean Easter.......

SInce it looks like I have to be here more than not, just post the times and where and I will be there.

Nancy

• 3 weeks later...

<font color=#462C69 size="3"><B>Hi All. I have been searching for current news about the meeting in January. Hard to find. (I wish we had a better way of searching for posting than page by page by page by page.)

:(<P>

The Amtrak trip sounds great to us. I am looking forward to it. Linda, you may need a bus to shuttle us from the station.:P <br>The sooner we have a date the sooner we can schedule reservations on the train.

<P>

</B></font>

post--13461900937312_thumb.gif

Hi Jim (and Bev)

April 26th has been suggested and that will be the tentative date for the Moxies to meet in Olympia.

I will contact both Bayside and our other wonderful LQS--Ruby Street Quiltworks--to see which will allow us to have our meeting in their class area. My house will hold everyone, but my studio can only accommodate six or so very friendly people! If we have less than 20 people coming, it will be at my home. In any case, a trip to Bayside will definitely be part of the festivities.

Anybody want to do a demo or share a new pattern or technique?

Don't forget show-and-tell.

I will start planning and firm up these plans the first week in January. Happy New Year!

Archived