WILL WE HAVE A JAN 09 MOXIE MEETING??? BRENDALEE ARE YOU OUT THERE?

I wonder if Brendalee is healing from her surgery?

If she isn't able to host, I can maybe do my fun stuff here in Olympia in January.

I will need to scramble to get ready--but my house is still fairly clean and I would only need to do some scrubbin' and scrapin' in the studio.

Guess we will wait until Brendalee can answer. Where are you Brendalee?????

If Brendalee doesn't give a shout out soon, I'm going to suggest we meet at the shop in Oregon City on Sunday, either the 18th or 25th. Then after we gather there, we can all head to Brendalee's house. With many phone calls, I was able to find it one night, and I'll do better in the daylight.

You've been warned Brendalee! We're coming, ready or not!

Yes, I would still like to host the party. I am good on the 17, or 18th.

I would have to be done by 2:00 on the 17th and have no time restraints on the 18th.

I was planning on having a sweatshirt to show how to pin on and quilt, does that sound like a good topic?

I was thinking of a potluck lunch. Say we meet 10:00 ish to 2:00 if on Saturday or 12:00 to 4:00 if on Sunday?

What do you gals and guys think????

And yes I have been playing with the kids as they are off school and haven't been on the board much. I go back to the doctors on the 5th and expect to get to go back to work on the 6th. I am kinda happy and kinda sad. I liked being home when the kids got home....but I also like being able to get some work and social satisfaction away from the house.

my address is

13187 Moccasin way

Oregon City, Oregon

my # in case the GPS lady gets you lost is 503-209-3622

One other thing I would love to see is if you have a "uniform" when you quilt would you either bring it or a photo of your set up. EX: Do you quilt with an apron and hang what tools? Do you use a traveling garbage or just fling the threads (oops thats me)?;);) Also if you are a flinger like me, what vacume can with stand my abuse? :P:P:P Basically what have you guys and gals found that works to keep the needed tools in the area with the minimal amount of walking back and forth?

"Bessie May" and I haven't found our perfect solution yet and we would love some ideas and input.

If any of you have other ideas for topic discussions please let me know, and remember lots of show and tell.

Thanks

Brendalee

I vote for Sunday as well, and whoever wants to can come on a field trip to the shop. We're about 1 mile from Brendalee's.

As to the thread situation, I learned from Linda A. to have a new basket style coffee filter mounted on my front laser post. Dump the threads in there, and empty it out when it's full. Lasts through about 2 empty-ings before it gets too flat to hold things well, but a pretty darn cheap solution.

Even better throw them on the floor and use a toilet bowl brush (that is designated specifically for this) quickly brush them up before vacuuming and your vacuum stays happy. It is amazing how well the toilet brush works (Beth gave me this tip when I first got mymachine)

I also vote for a Sunday

Melora

Ok, me too. Whatever day, I am in. Of course, I am gonna hit somebody up for a room for the night, but I hold high hopes. Cannot WAIT to see y'all!!

Nancy

(Back in Idaho for a couple days. 5 feet of snow in the front yard. Tunnels for sidewalks. Yikes. :D:D:D:D)

I will be sending out an email to alert anyone that I have in my blackberry, but when you get yours will you double check the list and see if I missed anyone.

I figured about 12:00 to 4:00pm.

Nancy I will have your bed ready just let me know when you are coming in! You can stay for more than one night if you want! I'll put you to work!!! LOL

I am actually serious about having people bring their ideas and share their set ups. We may all learn something!!

Remember show and tell!!!!!!!!!!! I will have gone to a class with Libby Lehman, so make me show it even if I didn't do it right, cause her stuff looks really cool. I hope mine will turn out something better than yucky!!! It looks kinda hard, but you never know till you try it.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Brendalee

I will be there. I had hoped that the the radiant star quilt I cross hatched would not pick her quilt up by then but she is picking it up Friday I would love to have shown it to you all.

Brenda Lee wanted to do the Libby Lehman class too. I bet it was great. Don't know if I will have a show and tell but will try

See you all then

Archived