NW Moxie Group

Gosh, just returned from a wonderful afternoon at Brendalee's for the NW Moxie meeting. What a great bunch of people to spend the day with. I can't thank you all enough for the day.

The sharing was fabulous, the knowledge was awesome , the food scrumptious and conversation was the best.

I can't wait for the next one at Linda's in Olympia, and I want to make sure my place is on the schedule for the fall.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Yes it was such fun. Linda you are right about looking forward to these meetings. I get so many great ideas. I am looking forward to the meeting in Olympia at Linda Rech's house. Is anyone thinking about taking the train up?. It would be fun if we could all be on the same train just getting on at different stops.

I will get busy looking into a retreat location for us. Can everybody let me know what month would be best?. Have a great week quilting.

Nora,

Millennium

Washougal WA

Hey, I found you guys! I didn't know about this exclusive little "Moxie Group". But then, I'm the gal who didn't know about longarms until I bought one! A bit behind the curve? At any rate I'm glad I found you - and like the rest of you had a great time at Brenda's. So many beautiful quilts, so many beautiful quilters! Thanks!

See you in April. I'm all for the train!

It was a great meeting.

Brendalee has a beautiful home and a studio full of wonderful things.

It was good to connect with Patty and Nancy Jo after their challenges of the past few months.

Wonderful quilts were shared (Lynda Newell from Seaside had a gorgeous set of quilts to share--I will get some photos posted soon.)

Brenda gave a great demo for using her CQ to quilt motifs on a sweatshirt or sweater--it was lovely.

Good friends, great food, tips and tricks, advice, and a trip to Heart to Hand to round out a great day.

That trip to Heart to Hand - I vowed that I would not buy any fabric, but just wanted to go and touch, see & feel. Well, I went home with some anyways - only 1/2 yd so I was almost good!!! Somehow I can never reduce my stash - now everyone knows why! Thanks Beth for opening up the store for us.:cool:

Ditto from Jim and I. What a fun group. We would like to take the train too. We grew up in the era that train was the way to travel. Thank you, thank you, Brendalee for opening up your lovely home. Looking forward to traveling north to Linda's. We need for Bonnie R. to confirm that she wants July cause Lynda N. really wants us to go to the Seaside. She is planning on September if Bonnie does July. By the way, we missed you on Sunday Bonnie.

It was sooo good to see everyone again. This is such a wonderful family to be part of. BrendaLee your house is lovely and thank you for sharing your home and letting us wander around your studio and touch all your goodies. Lynda N. I am still in awe of the beautiful quilts you shared. I am still up for the train ride. LIke Jim and Bev riding the train was the way to go when I was younger. I am sorry I missed the trip to heart to hand but my check book is very glad I headed home. I know you all had a great time petting fabric and seeing where our Beth works. Her boss, Wendy, is the greatest lady. the food was scrumpous and all the tips were good ones and just had a good time. What a wonderful way to spend a day. Patty Jo way to go only buying one piece of fabric. I would never be that good.:D

Here is a fund-raiser that Lynda N. will be quilting for her guild. She asked for suggestions and we all tossed out some thoughts. Then she displayed three wonderful quilts she had pieced and quilted. Man, this woman needs no help to decide on stitching designs--she is a Big Girl Quilter for sure! She does beautiful feathers and her fabric choices and piecing are top-notch!! I am a big fan now!!

post--13461901067129_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for your very kind words.

I, of course, forgot my camera as usual so I appreciate the pictures of my quilts.

Next time we must strive to get some of faces too.

I am almost ready to load the guild quilt and take advantage of all the great advice, thank you all again.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it Sunday. The pictures look great--lots of beautiful piecing! Sounds like you had a wonderful meeting.

If Linda wants to do a Moxie in July, go ahead. I'll be the back-up. I find it difficult to plan things on Sundays, and I have my head in my quilting currently. With a big family event next month, I can't think past February right now.

I never hope for things to slow down, but maybe there will be a lull after the storm. . .and I'll give it some thought. Thank you for thinking of me.

Bonnie Russell

Archived