Now I think I've seen it all - quilt back

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished doing a vintage hand pieced quilt that was very shall we say off. It was scary and miserable to quilt as there was no way you could avoid a tuck here and there. I found it uncomfortable to be working on it. I was so happy that it was my quilt. I haven't started doing quilts for customers yet. I'm still learning what not to do. I did finish the offending quilt and then I actually tried to square it up by trimming off part of the borders. It is almost bound and is much better quilted and now it is useful and someone can enjoy it. I wouldn't worry about ruining the dating on adding modern fabrics as most of these quilts are not significant master pieces that are of great monetary value. If it sells on ebay for 49.00 it's probably not headed for a museum or some high priced collector. I say just finish them and send them out in the world to do good work.

Originally posted by victoriasews

I defy anyone to say they've had one worse. This is what I trimmed off.

Nope I'm sure that you have the award in this department....I've seen some messed up stuff over the years, but I have to admit, this takes the cake, the whole cookie jar and maybe even the coconut cream pie.....

so glad when you get it off the frame....just don't laugh to hard when you see as a whole....in bits as its on the frame its funny and wonky, but I'm sure its a crying hoot/shame when off.;)

And when its time, a glass of your fav beverage will be in desperate need.....

Oh my!! It might have been easier to just re-piece the horrid thing. My heart really goes out to you. If you lived nearby I'd bring you a cup of tea, a margarita, or whatever it is that you'd find soothing. You'll derserve it once you get that quilted and out of your life. Seriously! Sometimes it's okay to say 'no'. This customer will take a lot of education to get her on track. I have to wonder if the time you put into educating her and then dealing with her problem quilts will ever pay in the end? You must be a good person to put up with that sort of thing.

Archived