New studio accessory

newellyn

Hi all,

I just wanted to share our new toy we got for my studio.

I LOVE it. It is a wall mounted vacuum system. We attached to my pressing center instead of a wall. It has 30' of hose so it goes EVERYWHERE in my studio, even down the stairs.

Vacuuming is just a breeze now. It is very powerful and also can be a blower if needed (I have a small compressor so I haven't tried that feature). It comes with lots of accessories.

It is made by Bissell and we got it at Costco for $140 on sale until the end of the month.

I've posted a picture of it at the end of my studio webshots if you want to see it.

Thank you so much Dory!!

When my husband needed to build a new garage I immediately seized the opportunity to go two stories with the top being mine. It is 20' X 37' and is detached from the house. It made for a very harmonious retirement relationship, believe me. I spent my last couple of years of work planning, planning and replanning. It is everything I pictured and so far haven't found anything major I would change.

I actually don't come out too often. Many in our little town remark that see me up here late into the night.

Lynda...this exactly what we have planned to as well if and when we ever get the money to expand the garage....I will go up and my studio will come out of the basement and it will be will all mine up there.... Now seeing yours I can get some great idea of how to use my space should I ever get it.:cool:

Dory,

Come back. The great NW misses you.

I was born and raised in Seaside. We always maintained a vacation home here but were away for many years except for weekends and holidays. Finally got to come home permanently in 06. I think we really lucked out and sold our Portland place just before things started going bad.

We are lovin it. We are just 200' from the beach.

I'll say Hi to Astoria for you.

Bonnie,

When you build, I'll be happy to offer any help I can.

I thought I'd never get my own space too.

Just bite the bullet and do it. Once you have the base floor, the only thing you are adding is 4 walls to the cost, the floors and roof are already figured into the garage cost. I hear lumber is the cheapest in eons right now. Builders are pretty available too. You'll help the economy by putting some to work.

Think of it as patriotic!!!

Linda, the NW doesn't miss us! Unless things have really changed; Astoria was full of very unfriendly people. Although I was from NV, they thought we were from CA moving in to take over. Luckily, the lady across the street new how bad it was and she and her family befriended us. She'd moved to Astoria with her husband, lived in her father's house and still she wasn't accepted until her oldest started kindergarten.

I hadn't been back until about 6 mos ago when we took a trip up the coast on our way to Washington. Things have changed so much...I can't believe all the businesses and houses that are all along the road from Canon Beach to Astoria...its amazing! My guess is that people's perceptions have changed as well.

You're lucky to be so close to the beach, too! That's great!!

Dory, I am soooo sorry you had that experience. I can't even imagine anyone being like that. Please don't judge all the NW by a few.

If you are back up this way, be sure and stop by. I'd love to show you that we can be hospitable.

Shana, I'd sure love to see pics of your studio.

Thank you all for you nice comments. I feels good to hear you approve of our efforts.

It wasn't a huge deal. I worked in the DA's office and they were all friendly, we just didn't have a bunch of people to really socialize with. Funny thing was that at that time, the restaurants weren't very good, so we were happy to be home anyway.

On occasion we drive up the coast to our property on the WA peninsula; the next time we do I'll invite myself for a studio tour:P

Archived