Blocks bound for the Aussie Bushfire Brigade

Here is a photo of the blocks, tops, binding, etc that I will be forwarding next week to Australia to aid the victims of the devastating bushfires. What a generous bunch of people we have here!

The long row on the left containing two pieced tops with matching binding (!) and many pieced blocks was donated by Judy H.

Patty Jo is next in at the top--cute blue/yellow blocks with extra matching fabric for borders and sashing. And some bright green 9 patches.

Below her donations are blocks from Sue E (from Scotsdale)--very pretty purple/pinks, and blue friendship stars.

Below her are Meg's pretty pieced top with matching binding and a bobbin of matching green thread to sew it on with--so smart!! Also lots of blocks to go with.

At the top again are blocks from Linda G.--check out the embroidered soccer boy!

Again at the top on the right are blocks by Jen W.--bright 9 patches and lots of yummy friendship stars in batiks and blue/white.

Below and on the right are Phyllis G's donations--kid's 9 patches with soccer balls and tea-party teddies. And also two sets of matching friendship star blocks.

Snugged up next to Phyllis's goodies to the left are the mystery blocks--no return address, no note inside. Cute 9 patches --one set with kitties and one set with mousies. Sent from North Salem Ohio. Whoever you are--thank you for the pretty blocks. They will be put to good use!

A good amount of cash was also sent to help cover the shipping. Any left over will purchase some yardage and other goodies.

The deadline is March 1st to be included in this box. Other donations that miss this shipment can be sent directly to Sue in Australia.

I am proud to be a part of this! Anything else that comes in will be posted here as well. Thank you all so much!

post--13461901279835_thumb.jpg

Linda, I have a couple of quilting buddies who are coming over next Fri to help with piecing and putting some tops together. I will mail by March 15th.

Could you please give me the address where your sending your pkg? Is is Susan Hughes?

If anyone else here wants to send blocks to me by then L will include them. Like LInda, a dollar or two toward postage would be appreciated. My address is:

Marlette Louisin

925 Robinwood Hills Dr

Akron, OH 44333

Please email me if you'll be sending blocks: mlouisin@gmail.com

Hi Linda

What a wonderful selection of blocks and they will go nicely with the ones we have here. I'll wait until I get all of them before Jenny and I put them together. We are going to be very busy.

Marlette,

If you miss the deadline for sending to Linda, you can send direct to me.

Sue Morris

46 Island Point Avenue

Waterways 3195

Victoria Australia

telephone 61 3 9769 0248 (you may need the phone number for the customs declaration)

Looking forward to receiving more blocks etc next week.

As far as the fires go we have been warned its a day of Total Fire Ban tomorrow - the temperatures will be between 35 and 40 with strong winds so we are hoping that everyone will keep safe and leave the fire prone areas in good time. I was speaking to one of our APQS ladies this morning and was relieve to learn that she was just getting ready to leave her town, which just escaped the fires a fortnight ago, but is still on standby, she is having a weekend away with her husband and dogs.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Sue, I am hoping/planning on send you several tops next week. I am putting the borders on a friendship star one today and then will start finishing up a 9 patch that I have the blocks done already. I also have a completed Lone Star top that I haven't a clue when I will get to quilt, so I will be sending that as well.

One question. How cold do your winters get in the affected areas? Could you use donations of hats and gloves? Is there anything else needed?

Dianne

Sue,

I'm sending a UFO or PHD from my stash. At 12 1/2 inches square, they won't fit in the other projects, so I'm sending them separately with some fabric you may use for sashing and backing. It will make a very cheerful quilt for a youth. It's a heavy package, but I'm hoping you will find "wadding" batting for quilting.

I'm praying the fires will end and rebuilding will begin. This is just a little deed to say we care.

2237310310100404369S500x500Q85.jpg

Diane, Boni and Bekah

Thank you all, for being so generous.

Its great to hear you all say you enjoyed making the blocks and tops, I know every single quilt will be very much appreciated by the people who receive them.

Boni don't worry about the blocks being a different size, they'll all fit in somewhere and will make a more interesting quilt.

Diane, it can get quite cold in winter and hats and gloves would be appreciated. I don't even think the charities are able to think that far ahead yet. I'll pass them on with the quilts to the local lady who will know how best to distribute them, rather than a larger organisation.

I thought I'd get some photos up the other day but my husband had taken the camera away with him. He's back now so I'll be able to do that over the weekend.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Sue in Australia

Archived