Short Lived Employment

Actually the hours that they have given you Mary Beth are killer hours.....only two early days and the others you can actually get an extra hour sleep if you want it...and FRIDAYS off...wow....what a woork week...can I come there also.:P;)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok...i'm really jealous. Fridays, alternate fridays, down the hall in slippers. I'll be there one day...for now, I leave it in His hands. He knows the plan, I have to trust. Do I sound more up than I did yesterday? Yep! I've been surrounded by fabric, pressing, cutting sewing. Ah...salve for the soul.

My prayers are with those who are suffering with the economy, and with health issues as is our dear Rita (Rita, tried to call today...hope you're feeling better with each day). I am thankful to have a job...but I'd rather be commuting to the basement (my version of a studio). :-)

Anita

Anita,

That's the spirit!!

I, too, am thankful to have a job. I did commute to the basement for about a year and I became overwhelmingly lonely for human contact :) That is why I went to work. Isn't it funny how fickle I am....now I am ready to commute to the basement again. I think I "want what I don't have" as my Momma used to say ;)

Originally posted by Mary Beth

No sleeping in here Bonnie Bell....Have to get up with DH no matter what...gotta get that smooch goodbye!!;)

Silly ya get up....get him out the door and then hit the hay for another coupla zee's.....silly you...I need to come there to teach how its done....;)

Originally posted by hmerrill

So I got hubby trained. Before he leaves he comes to the side of my bed and give me my smooch and I get to stay in bed!

ME TOO!!! I haven't cooked breakfast for over 20 years....unless its a weekend one and we are all here.

I don't cook breakfast during the week...only on Sunday mornings - sometimes on Saturday if he is not working. Otherwise, I get up, fix his lunch, make sure he eats cereal or toast and PB and then off he goes. Then I sit down and try to wake up and drink a cup of coffee...this part ususally happens at about 4:50 - 5:00 AM ! Yes....I know...I'm crazy....but he works so hard, and I would feel guilty if I was laying in bed, all snug and comfy knowing he was getting himself ready...besides...he doesn't do very well on his own...I know now why he married me :D

MB you may not talk with my hubby. I do not cook breakfast either, unless I've been up for 3 hours or so. I'm not a breakfast girl. Breakfast is actually the only thing that hubby will cook! I also don't pack his lunch. I do however make dinner almost every night. He can cook but doesn't. Today is 28 years so I guess the routine works for us!

Ladies, we need to get you trained. When hubby wanted to start his own business at home, I went out to work. The job was part-time afternoons. The first day I came home to a fully cooked and on the table meal of meat, potatoes and veggies. It was good and I made sure I said that out loud more than once. Hubby says cooking relaxes him. So I let him relax! Now the son can make the meals as well. And I don't have to.

Gene has his own can opening does that count.....:P:P:P

And no I don't want him to cook for me....it could be road kill or snake or squirrel or something else he could drag home. He eats things I wouldn't even get close to...so nope I'll cook and do the dishes...he can do the take out and fancy dinners once in a awhile I'll be happy. And the fact he doesn't ask for a cooked breakfast, I feel just fine.

Rod is a great cook and he cleans as he goes...something I admire...I am more the mad scientist type :D But he works 12 to 13 hour days right now and most Saturdays.....you all are not feeling this are you?? I guess you just have to be here. Although, I could have killed his this morning. I am not sleeping well because of this blasted tendonitis in my right arm, so my plan was to sleep in today. He had to go to work so he got up banging around in the house, opeing drawers, turning on lights...I said in my grouciest voice..."What time is it?" He said that it was after 5:30 am....did I mention this Saturday morning....anyway....I drug my butt out of bed...went down stairs, poured my cup of go juice (coffee) and looked up at the clock...............4:50 AM......4:50 AM on a Saturday. Don't you all think that is grounds for either a divorce or murder???

Mary Beth,

I'd make it murder! LOL my hubby is not neat in the kitchen! Our deal is that I cook he does the dishes. I work full-time too so I don't feel guilty for not getting up to make sure he is ready in the morning. Besides he is a tough Marine...he can handle it! ROFLMAO! When I was a stay-at-home mom I did almost everything. Now that I work full-time he has to help. It only took me 2 years to convince him of that! He has always worked 10 - 12 hour days and still does. It is just who he is. We did amazingly sleep until 8:15 this morning! Yippee!

When we clean up from dinner we get hubby's lunch ready and it is in the fridge for him the next morning. I don't get up with him in the morning. He gets up, lets the dogs out, grabs his coffee, breakfast and lunch and goes to work. I do have his breakfast and lunch ready for him and coffee is brewed automatically. I even got a machine that grinds the beans fresh every morning. :)

I normally make dinner, but he does sometimes as well. I do the laundry, run the errands, buy groceries, he helps clean the house and does 99% of the yard work. We both take care of the dogs.

He is a treasure. He does not want me to get up with him because it slows him down. And he started letting the dogs out because it means that I will sleep later. His idea, not mine.

He is also the baker in the family, his speciality is cheesecake. They are to die for. Oh and he brews his own beer and kegs it.

MB, I feel your pain, his last job he worked hours like your DH. It was really hard on both of us, because we like to spend time together. It is really nice that you have a routine that works out for both of you and that means you get to atleast see him in the mornings for a couple of minutes.

Angela,

So you get it! :)

I don't want it to sound like DH doesn't do anything. We heat with wood and he cuts down the trees, hauls, splits and stacks all the wood. He also brings it in and makes sure it is in stick I can handle. He also helps me clean up the kitchen and he does some of the laundry. He cooked supper the other night, but because we can't communicate, I stopped and picked up Chinese on the way home :) then I felt bad.

We also have a coffee pot with a timer. At one time DH took leftovers from dinner so lunches were easier to fix. We lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers and we started eating better so dinners are not big enough for leftovers and he doesn't want to take them anyway. I make him a half a turkey sandwich, apple, yoguart, carrots, maybe a V-8 juice. No bad lunches for us.

I'm not complaining...the only complaint is that he wants to stay up past 8:30 to watch something on TV an always falls asleep by 8:15...he ends up getting his 8 hours every night and I don't....that is the only complaint. I actually love getting up early...just not today ;)

Mary Beth...whom ever thought you were complaining can take that up with me....you wouldn't do that.... And your DH is a well taken care of boy...and he knows it.:cool:

I just like giving you a bunch of garbage about gettin' up with DH. Mine gets up at 3:00 to 3:30am and if he even tries to wake me he knows it's his life that he takes in his own hands..... and he gets home about 8:00pm if I'm lucky....but supper is always waiting for him or if I'm not home a dish that he gets to nook is ready and waiting... the only time he's allowed to wake me or try to is when he is flying out early and I won't see him for a couple of days/weeks...then I'm sure he gets a grumble or two, and I call him at 6:30 or so and tell him good bye...that's after I've had a couple of cups of "Juice"...

I continuously tease my DH about his can opening skills....and there have been times I called him and told him that he needed to run over something cuz I wasn't going to be here...:P:P

I know what you mean Mary Beth. I got maried to have a companion and a friend. We do as much as we can together. I don't realy mind the 5:20 wake up time most of the time. Nor do I mind getting his lunch for him but cooking a full meal at that time does get to me. He just started eating cerial. But our friends tell me not to tell their husbands that I get up with my DH. They have threatened to hang me if I start something. LOL

It is really nice to see people that actually want to be around theie hubbies. I have friends that think that DH and I are weird because we want to do things together.

MB, I know that you are were not complaining about your DH. You can tell by your post that you are in love with him and would do anything for him and that he feel the same way. That really is what marriage is supposed to be all about. :)

Reading all these posts about husbands and what they do and don't do, or what we like or don't like it is just funny to me how different we all are but how we have all adapted to whatevery works best for us. Bob and I will have been married for 36 years next month and our chores and habits although different from some others suits us just fine. We don't fight or get in each others way at all. I leave most of the cooking to him as he was trained at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY and is very capable of cooking for himself and usually for me as well. He even cleans up and does most of the grocery shopping as I hate to shop, except of course unless it is a quilt shop. Just don't ask him to do yard work or fix anything around the house, that is my department. I love to garden and work in the yard and I am a Miss Fixit. Do most of the home repairs and have even been known the fix the car, lawnmower, snowmobile, whatever. Sounds like an odd marriage I know, but hey if it isn't broken don't fix it, Right? With him spending 20 years in the Navy, I had to do most of the work around the house anyway. We play golf together and he doesn't care how much I quilt or go on quilting retreats or how much I spend. He lets me worry about money because I pay the bills and am a bookkeeper so that is my job anyway. He is a morning person and loves to be up early and I am not, so he gets up gets ready and leaves and is pretty quiet about it. Anyone that has been married as long as most of us have, I am sure have worked out these little details long, long ago. I know I must be doing something right because I still get a single rose on the table every week to ten days and have for the last 20 or so years. So, yes he is a keeper, even if he doesn't do the yard work. God bless our marriages, there are too many who have not made it this far.

Amen, Jeanne. I always thought I'd be married forever! I did all those things, taking care of them, etc. didn't stick... Oh well, I actually really like my life of solitude now. I do a lot with family and friends, but love my time alone. Don't know if there's another "Mr. Right" out there for me, but I'm trying to keep an open mind this year. Guess you have to leave the house to meet someone huh? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Jeanne you are so right! What works for one certainly may not work for the other. My hubby and I worked through our issues long ago too. He is a workalolic and started complaining about me and I just laughed at him. He asked why I was laughing and I told him that I had 20 years at least to catch up to him. He looked at me and said, "Oh I guess you have a point." It was pretty funny. We are both hard workers and there is nothing wrong with that. We seem to compliment each other and can deal with irritating each other. LOL Of course I never do the irritating. Those of us with great marriages have a lot to be thankful for. I married my husband when I was 18 and he was 19. I sure do wish I had a dollar for each time I was told it would never last! I'd be a rich woman!

Archived