NQR Signs of Spring!!!

Hey Boni- no snow here, the 10" we got almost 2 weeks ago melted last weekend in 2 days. We've had lots of MUDDY paws here since! Today is the sunniest day we've had all week! :)

Shana, I was looking at the Maples and some of the sap is running, not enough to tap but it's there and the red buds on the branches are growing bigger! I love to watch the trees pop especially when it rains in April and the sky looks green from all the new leaves! :cool:

I just tried to get a photo of my herd--We have five sweet deer that visited our yard last year. I saw them for the first time today, sleeping and eating the heads of the daffodils. Three "sisters" and two babies from last year. I can't tell them apart now--and of course, I can't get close enough to get a picture! But, I also have crocus up and the daffs are popping. Happy Spring!!

Originally posted by SandraC

My favourite colour is the fresh green when the trees are just starting, especially the willow trees.

I like to take tiny sprigs from the willow branches and set them in a stem vase and they start to bloom its fresh green baby leaves inside the house! It sits on my kitchen table. Then I hang my little Easter tree ornaments on it. It's very cute. I think this is a European tradition. I love my little spring Easter tree!

Wow, beautiful pictures of signs of Spring. wish it was here too. We still have 2 feet of snow on the ground and the nights go to minus 37 deg celcius.

It's Monika here, some might remember me. I have been missing in action for a while, forgot my user name and password, been quilting, selling, trucking, just living life. Still on dial up so I have to watch my hours. I recognize some familiar names...Hello Shana! Mary Beth, Bonnie and many others.

Just posted in the trouble shooting section. My machine seems to want to go on its own, and I need help. Guess I have to wait till tomorrow and call Amy.

Hope you are all well, and I have added the forum to my favorites on my tool bar, so I'll stop in a bit now and then.

Welcome back Monika! :) The birds are singing again too!

Shana I love the idea of your little Easter tree, I use an artificial Easter tree, but I do put eggs on the branches out in front of our house. I wonder what the deer will think of them and the bright colors???

Linda, we have such a long hunting season here (Sept to mid Jan) in PA that I only get to see my herds sporadically, tho I do see evidence of them having been here! :P I love watching the families grow!

Deer are a problem in southern Ohio as they are very destructive in addition to being very dangerous when they wander out into traffic. The only thing they tend to leave alone are my daffodils. I was told that the daffodils make them sick. They wander around several areas within Chillicothe city limits. Since there are no hunting laws within the city limits they have become unphased by human activity. I used to think that they were beautiful animals until I had to have extensive body work done on a fairly new car.

As for spring we are beginning to see some green coming up. My daffodils are getting quite high. For some reason my flowers are late bloomers. I am sure there are others near me that have flowers.

Pamela

Monika...just yesterday I was tring to find your last post so I could bring it to the top...and give you a shout, I was wondering how you weatherd the winter and how things were going for you.... Welcome back out of hibernation....

Hi, Thanks for the welcome back. I was trucking again for awhile, hauling crude oil from northern Alberta to the south, but found my heart just wasn't in driving anymore. I have a wonderful business and many long arm customers, I quilt for a very large Guild and a Quilt store, so I wanted to do this full time, as long as my back lets me stand up.

I spend the morning talking with Christy about my power problem and my machine is fine. It seems I have little brown outs in my house, so I have an electrician coming, maybe Monday to have a look. If it not in the house, then I wll have to call the power company and have them check the transformer in the yard.

Glad to see you all are in good spirits and happy. I'll try to stop in a bit more frequently. by the way, I am now looking to trade my Freedom for a SR Freedom. Just the machine, not the table.

Catch you all later. Enjoy the nice weather.

Monika

Thank You Bonnie, I try to keep busy, sold 22 Quilts since Jan. 1/09. as you see I keep them simple to keep the price reasonable.

So I also made the plunge and purchased a 2007 FREEDOM with S/R.....Awesome! It should be shipped out today and I hope to get my hot little hands on it by next Friday and set it up!

Do i need to say I am very excited????

I best go and get quilting, have 1 on the frame and 2 more waiting. BBL

Hi Monika!

Were you in Fort McMurray?? My girlfriend used to live there, but has moved to Calgary. Her ex=husband works for the oil people in Ft McMurray. Sincrude? Can;t remember the name, but the biggest tar pit in North America.

Congrats on your new machine! I just bought a Millie and I am still trying to get the edgerider wheels just right! What a nightmare that has been. You know, thought I had it, no I don't, oh there it is, no that;s not it either. Oh now this side is too high! YIKES!!:o

That's great about selling on etsy too. I wondered about it. I sell fabric on ebay, but lately no one is buying. Just the great girls on this group!

Keep quilting! Good luck with the new machine!

Hello PattiJo, nice to see a picture of you, I guess I better figure out how to post another one of me, since I lost all my old log in information and had to open a new account. Now I have newbie status again, ah well.

LinneaMarie, I am not in Ft. McMurray, I live in northern Saskatchewan, well, not that far north, kinda in the middle? and a smidgen north.

Sorry you are having so much trouble with the wheels, I found them easy to adjust on this machine, but.....I have to do the new one when she comes, so we'll see.

Have a wonderful quilting day everyone, I am off to mail a Quilt. Falalalala

Archived