Ideas to get Millie cord off the ground??

My Milli plugs into a ceiling outlet that my DH put in for me. Then he strung a wire across the ceiling and attached two small springs to the cord to hold it up out of the way so when i am working on the panto sides of the machine the cord is above my head at all times. I don't have a picture but could take one tomorrow and try to post it, i have never posted a picture so no promises if it will work :) ....still a newbie to posting here!

I have mine attached under the rail with cable ties and then it hangs free in the middle of the table with enough slack to move the machine freely to either side of the table. The cord does not drag on the floor. I also have the cord on the machine attached at the back of the carriage with a wire clip so that it is always moving freely and never rubbing on anything. These 2 things eliminated any drag from cords for me and it was a very cheap solution.

I can take pictures later this week if you want.

I told Margie that several helium balloons would do the trick, but she just gave me a stare that would've peeled the paint off the wall if it hadn't hit me first.

I finally installed an outlet in the ceiling that works well. I believe it's a little cleaner than the overhead wiring-track-frame thing.

I think I posted a pic of it somewhere on here if you search our posts.

mrmargie

I also have mine plugged in the ceiling [centered to the table lenght ] , then DH put a RV curtain track up attached the cord to it with plastic ties so the cord moves along with the machine totally out of my way . Sometimes it gets in my face when quilting a large quilt . Then I just put it behind my head . Saved $$$$

When I had traded tables with SandraG in Baton Rouge she already had this set up on the table. Love it. She mounted three (1 in center, 1 at each end) outlets on a rail and then the wall plug comes off the end.

2305440100103666079S500x500Q85.jpg

2828549730103666079S600x600Q85.jpg

Think of this one as me laying on the floor looking up.

2075584530103666079S600x600Q85.jpg

Originally posted by lym95

...but she just gave me a stare that would've peeled the paint off the wall if it hadn't hit me first....I finally installed an outlet in the ceiling that works well. I believe it's a little cleaner than the overhead wiring-track-frame thing.

mrmargie

Mr. Margie. You are a good husband. You know that old saying: "If Mama Aint Happy Aint Nobody Happy..."

Mine are plugged into a ceiling outlet and then strung on a wire curtain rod system from IKEA. Sherry Rogers-Harrison has pictures of that system that she has shared in the past.

I have this phobia for cords, so I love the fact that they are now up and off the floor, much nicer for vacuuming under the machine.

We plug ours into a wall outlet, then have a fairly strong hook up near the ceiling with a bungie cord on it that holds the machine cord. we also ran the machine cord up along side the machine head and taped it in place so it doesn't flop around. I don't think we've had to redo it since we got it up there last summer.

Ritar

We tied a heavy duty surge protecting power strip onto the rail in the middle of my Mille with plastic wire ties. The machine head is plugged into that as well as the fabric advance motor. Then the cord from the strip is attached on down the rail (along with that motor cord) with more wire ties to the end of the table. The power strip has a really long cord on it. Then we just use an extension cord to plug into a wall plug when I'm quilting. I don't leave it plugged in when idle. So the only wire on my floor is for the the foot feed which I can kick back and forth from front to back wherever I need it.

JULIE

Archived