Braggin' on Mrs.A

WTG Mrs A. Terrific article. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lone Star Quilt.. what a lot of hand applique, on top of angled piecing. I'm bad at names, can you tell.. the other applique is quite a star in itself, too.. Beautiful work.

thanks for showing us this article and being a good friend to Mrs. A, Nancy,

RitaR

Thanks, everyone. The Arizona Quilters Hall of Fame is a relatively new endeavor. They are virtual now but trying to raise funds for a physical Hall of Fame somewhere in AZ.

And to Rita R, Sweetie those are NOT hand appliqued flowers on the background of Romancing the Star! I don't do anything by hand anymore. A workshop with Jan Krentz helped me figure out how to turn the Lone Star into a feathered star and the floral wreaths in the corners are from Briar Rose...a pattern by Piece O Cake. I adapted it a bit to create the applique border. All the applique on this quilt (and on Happy, Happy, Happy) has been done on my trusty Bernina.

But to everyone, thanks for looking and thanks for your kind words. Somehow, once they are completed, I will figure out how to show you the quilts I am working on now...another Dia de los Muertos and also a Giant Saguaro!

Archived