A new small quilt

Beautiful quilt Meret, I would do either a stipple behind the flowers or a crosshatch. CC the stars. Where exactly do you live. My brother is married to a german and they live in Scheinfeld. I am planning a trip to visit soon and would really love to visit you also and see your studion.

Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

Merete, I love that quilt. I think I'd do a small filler behind the flowers, after a close outline of stitches. I can see a small funky feather in each elongated diagonal diamond in the sashing. Sid everything else.

I'm hanged if I can see a star in that. Sight must be failing.. :D

Ritar

It's a pretty quilt, appeals to my color preference, and that star, Rita, is a Willie Wonky star!

OK, I'm completely done with doodling for a while. I hope this isn't bothersome. It's fun to challenge my brain in doodling on other people's quilts, and if you pick up an idea or two, great!

If your customer doesn't mind quilting in the applique, you could do some nice accents.

Also, I agree about a background fill around the applique. That would depend on how much time you wanted to spend on it. Tiny stippling and other little motifs are difficult and laborious. Cross hatching can take a while, but not as long, and there are the stops and starts. Those magic rulers I've been hearing about sound great.

I'm stumped about the outside borders.

2025299350100404369S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived