Been getting a little stir crazy

I missed you guys too :)

Dh has been really good about doing the work, up until 2 days ago he was even bringing me breakfast in bed every morning after he got the kids up, lunches made and off to school. A girl could really get use to this sort of treatment ;)

Even my oldest (who is 18) is willing to do all of the running of her younger sibblings to their activities because she gets full usage of a car, this will stop in another 3 weeks when I take back my car and some of my chores.

I even decided to start hand piecing a grandmothers flower garden quilt. I always wanted to do one but the time involved in one always made me think twice...but with all of the time I have had to think, I figure why not. So I ordered those mylar template pieces from "Brandy's".

Right now the plan is to make it for my king size bed the flowers to be on the top of the bed only then an applique border sandwiched between two smaller ones. I figure by the time it is finally finshed I will be alot better at custom so I can quilt it. :D

Joann

So glad that you are feeling better and able to at least piece. by the time I would finish hand piecing a grandmothers flower garden for a king size bed I would be pushing up a flower garden of daisies!! LOL you must feel better to start such a time consuming project as that . how large are your hexigons?

So Glad you are healing and feeling like doing something.. with me, it's when I crave spicy food, I know I'm nearly well.. I never stop piecing if I can help it and quilting isn't far behind with himself under my heels.

Just please don't rush it.. gl and lots of accurate speed on the Grandmothers Flower Garden, and continue healing..

Tell family, I'm proud of them for taking care of you, as they should.

God Bless, RitaR

Jeanne;

My hexagon sides are 1" finished.

I bought the precut mylar pieces and open window hexagon template at

http://www.brandysquiltpatterns.com

the nice thing about using these tools is that when cutting out the pieces using the open window hexagon template is that it includes the 1/4" seam allowance and the mylar pieces make piecing the grandmothers flower garden quilt go very quickly. Go to their home page and click on the free video demo of how to use these tools and you will see what I mean.

They even have templates and mylar pieces to do a tumbling block quilt and also other 1 patch type quilt blocks.

My order from Brandy's came today so I am going to start cutting out hexagons tonight from my 30 repro prints :)

Hopefully by Saturday my solid kona cottons will come so I can get started on making my flowers...I have a feeling this is going to be my new addiction, LOL!

Mary Beth;

Yes, I am feeling pretty good, thank you for asking :)

You should dig out your GMFG out again and work on it or someday Jen will have to finish it ;)

After dinner I started cutting into my 30 repro fabrics, I was able to cut out 144 little hexagons before I just needed to start forming them around the little mylar pieces. :D I was suprised how fast they were to cut out and piecing them is going fairly quick as well.

Yup, it's official, I'm hooked! :P:D:P

Archived