my first whole cloth wall hanging on my Millie

Hi Again Everyone! You are all way to kind! I appreciate it after all the work I put into it! ;)

I do believe the quilt looks much better in person.

As for the class up in Morris, there were so many nice people in the class. Karen’s whole cloth class only had around 20 or so, but her other classes had around 60 people. I didn’t get to know everyone by name, but everyone I met there was so nice. I’m not sure if I met Colleen or not. Karen was a great instructor; she was educating, entertaining, and very funny. I really learned a lot. I had already purchased all of her books prior to the class. Didn’t ever think I’d be lucky enough to be sitting in one. Normally she doesn’t get that close to us.

Where I live in central Illinois. I live at Lake Mattoon, which is Neoga, IL. Which normally doesn’t tell people anything. Where we live is way too little. The best I can say is I live 60 miles south of Champaign/Urbana (University of Illinois) down Interstate 57. I have a lake on one side or my house and miles of flat corn and soybean fields on the other.

That is stunning!!

I would like to ask--since the red felt was on top of the toile, I assume you marked that and stitched all that glorious plumage. Then you trimmed all that excess away? I think I have it figured out--but did you also have batting that you trimmed after stitching your feathers? Then I also assume you topped with the netting and did the final stitching? I can't manage the sequence, but I think you have added to the possibilities for trapunto--I have never seen anything like this and it is great!! Thanks for sharing.

Archived