Quilt Glide Do you like it?

Love it.

The best way to explain it is:

You know what it feels like when you do micro-stippling in manual mode, it feels smooth and free.

Then if you try and do micro-stippling with the stitch regulator on it feels awkward because the motor is speeding up and slowing down to keep up with you. It's a little jerky.

Well if you turn Quilt Glide on which is a little button on the front of the machine you can do stitch regulated micro-stippling and backtracking with the same smooth feel as if it was in manual mode. It takes away the surge of the stitch regulator.

You can adjust the Quilt Glide with a turn of the knob.

Lot more control on fussy work like pebbles.

I've been using Quilt Glide since I got me new fantabulous 2009 Millie the end of February. Love it! I hadn't been doing much micro work before because I didn't like the feel in SR nor the lack of control without it. The QG works so smoothly. It's really wonderful. Now I'm looking for places to add micro work.

Go for it!

Thanks ladies,

I cannot wait to test this feature. What upcoming events will it be at? Maybe I need to see the Black Hills. lololol

Now if only I could get that LARGER THROAT I'd me Happy Happy. Studio will soon be ready and room for another machine. Just haven't made up my mind. I love my APQS machine. That much I do know. Saving my pennies still. lolol

Hugs

Grammie Tammie

wish I could retrofit it to my 2005 Milli.

Originally posted by sewingjunky

is this true that it cannot be retro fit for the 2007?

thanks

brendalee

Brendalee,

My understanding is that it was made compatible with the new wiring that started in 2008 for the lights. It won't work on 2007 to the best of my knowledge. I think it sells for $1500 or something like that.

Archived