Help with crosshatching

Easiest way that I know of to measure is to use adding machine tape. Cut it the length of the area you want to stitch, then start folding until you have the size you want. Mark accordingly.

Linda Rech's husband makes great cross-hatching rulers. Don't know about curved ones.

I don't premeasure my crosshatching, but use rulers that I can measure the spacing between the stitching. Yes you can use the circle templates, but why the Judalator works is the markings and slight variation in the curve. It's more gradual than a circle. Bodgie I have some photos on my blog that show how I used the Judaltor. www.beestitchedquilting.blogspot.com

Rulers are so great, but frankly I am always jiggling them. That's why Linda's gadget is awesome. No ruler to jiggle. Attaches to the back leveler bar and makes the machine go in a straight line. Gotta love people that think these things up. Love ya Linda :P:P:P:P And the Topper is Tops. <gg>

Nancy

Hi Bodgie....

So glad you checked out the Judalator....I have the 12" and the 6". When I placed my order they were temporarily out of the 9" or I would have purchased it also....I will be ordering it soon.

I love curved cross hatching and think it adds so much texture to so many quilts.

Check out Ronda Beyer's site and see how she uses them.

http://rondabeyer.wordpress.com/

Good Luck and don't forget to share with us....even if it's a practice piece....we need to see!!

;););)

Hi Bodgie,

The rulers are specific to the APQS table with a leveler roller. The tubing on the ruler snaps onto the roller. We have had HQ16 customers with the Studio frame (heavier rollers) and we just sent a set to Bonnie B that she is troubleshooting for us. Her Ultimate table does not have a leveler roller so we are trying a different technique. I'll keep Dennis thinking on a new offering for the G-brand machines!:)

Archived