Guess what I found in my yard!

OMG!! You got some huge Morel mushrooms there! THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY DEEEE-LISCIOUS! Fry them up in a pan with a little butter and salt & pepper and cay you say YUM???

We get morel mushrooms up here, too. Most times after after a fire or a very dry spell. Weather conditions have to be just right.

These mushrooms are delicacy.

So, when's supper? I'm coming over!! :D

Here's a link to everything you want to know about this morel mushroom. http://thegreatmorel.com/

WOW! That is a treasure for a morel hunter! DH found a few in our area but nothing like we found when we lived in MN. We used to go out after work and hunt for them until dark, then go home, fry them and eat them. We would eat so many some nights that we felt the next day like we were on drugs - and no, we werent really on drugs! Great find, and right in your own yard!

Shana,

You'll have to endure a few snake head mushrooms, too. We found the biggest I've ever seen and I've been hunting for almost 50 years. Most were the morels, though. I think I was taught to look for them by the time I was 4 or 5. We've had tons of rain and when the sun popped out, so did the mushrooms. Dinner's around 6:30. (If we can wait that long)

I will totally PASS on the 'shrooms!!! I do like to go hunting for them and can even smell them in the air when it is time. I just do not like to eat them..... maybe I just havn't ever had them fixed the right way..... ;)

It has been too dry and a bit too cool up here yet. Maybe next week or so.... we finally had a bunch of rain and should be up to 65 tomorrow. I plan on tilling my garden finally!

I have picked Asparagus already - only a couple of handfuls so far..... yummmy! Love that raw and fresh!:D

Judi I'm with you....they just don't do anything for me...maybe on a pizza, but even then they don't excite me. :( and to go looking for wild ones...I wouldn't know a good one from something that would kill you in five seconds...so best now ask me to help.:cool:

Archived