Buying, need advice

This is my second post as my first post was incorrectly placed (I think) so I hope I am doing this one right. If I've messed up again, please let me know.

Hello, I am purchasing a Millie and would like to know your thoughts on adding the power advance feature to my order. How hard is it to turn the rollers? I've only used power advance machines is why I'm asking the question. Is it worth the $1300 or so that it costs?

Also, I've been reading here about the Edgerider wheels. Is this something that would help a beginner or should I just stick with and learn on the wheels that come with it?

I believe I have time to change my order as it hasn't shipped -- the room is in the process of being redone to accommodate it.

Thank you for any comments. (I'll check back later as I'm going to be leaving shortly.)

Barb

I have the auto advance and wouldn't do without it. ;) Love to be able to roll back and forth on quilts rather than having to turn them. :)

The wheels that came with my Mille 4 years ago were great, they use the edgeriders to replace the old brown wheels mostly, from what I've read. They may be good when you need to replace yours after wearing them out!

I agree with Laura and the rest. I LOVE the power advance. I had an old handy quilter and it took a lot of time rolling the rollers. I highly recommend the power advance. I'm not sure about the edge riders. I don't think you need to invest in those until you need to replace the factory ones. My new Millie's wheels are just fine.

Virginia

Power advance was one of the main reasons I bought the Millennium. There is no way I would want to crank handles all day. Mine came as standard equipment and I am really sorry that has gone away. Try and negotiate. Some dealers or shows may offer it packaged.

I just returned home and had to check for any additional responses. Thank you so much everyone. It sounds like power advance is something I should definitely get, so will. Seems like the jury is still out on the edgerider wheels as far as buying them now versus when wheels need replacing. Need to run again but will be back later this evening.

Thank you.

Barb

Guest Linda S

The power advance rocks. I'm also a big fan of hydraulics. When you've been quilting for hours, it makes all the difference if you can raise or lower the table a bit.

Linda

If I could reorder again I would certainly add the hydraulic lift. not sure about the edgerider wheels but everyone loves them who has them and when I purchased my Millie she came with power advance. cannot imagine being without that!

Archived