It's Garish & Gaudy...but it's MINE!

Amen to all the above! Beautiful feathers, cute panel, and wonderful additions around it. If I could spell exquisite, I would put it here :D !

How did you do the prairie points? Someone brought me a top...the pp's are already on it (?)!! I have to take them off and then quilt and replace them, right? Thanks for advice.

Wow! Thanks everybody! I had no idea so many people would comment--and compliments? Gosh, those are always welcome! This is my first time posting anything--but I have been reading on this site for years. I always think it is inspiring (and humbling!) to see what comes from the minds and hands of other quilters. We all take a little and leave a little for each other. (Personally, I'm blaming QuiltMonkey for getting me started on the "Bump-bump feathers...so special thanks to her!)

Thanks again everyone. I'll have to do this again (with my written instructions on how to upload photos pinned to my computer!) LOL

--Karen:)

Don't take your PP's off, Linda!

First time I did them on the outer edge I quilted up to an inch away, took the quilt off and tucked the backing with hand sewing - what a pain! (then put it back on the frame to quilt right up to the edge)

Next time I had the PP's facing in but then pinned them back out of the way when I was near the edge and sewed on binding as usual - then I could choose when I sewed the back of the binding down whether to have them facing into the quilt (easier option) or sticking out

Then I got cocky and had them in the middle of a quilt, facing in (you just quilt either side and pin them out of the way)

Recently I did a couple of tiny stitches so that they alternated - one in, one out.

I should spend less time on my PPs and PPP my actual quilting!:P

Archived