I timed my machine today!

Sheri Butler

OK. Below is why I re-timed my machine.

NOW....After reading Dawn Cavanaughs arcticle on the Groz Beckert needles....guess which needles superior threads sent me? YOU guessed it! However, on one of the pkg's it has a sticker placed on the outside stating MR 3.5. But, the pkg itself looks like the pic of the pkg dawn said NOT to use. I'm so confused. Do I throw them away? GRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

Shana, yes, that needle was jumping up and down when I went to single Needle Up, then Needle Down. In the Down position it would do quick little writhels up and down about 1/8 of an inch is all it went up/down.

So, I took off my bobbin, peeked at my needle to see if I could see the whole eye once the needle was in the down position, and wouldn't ya know it, NOPE! I only saw HALF of the needles eye!

I also loosened the bolt on the back encoder wheel plate and pushed the encoder (with the black wheel) closer to my edgerider wheels so it made good contact, and WA-LA!

I did have a couple times this week where my stitches would take a quick "jump", then stitch back normal again. All the time in SR mode.

My "Betty" is a happy girl now, and so is her Best Friend Sheri!

Jewels, seriously,.... you need to watch your DH. It's easy peasy girlfriend!

Sheri,

Great job on re-timing your machine!

Just to put you at ease, if you actually re-time your machine to the different needle, you should be okay. You're changing the needle bar depth and hook rotation to match that particular needle.

However, if Janey Doe just went and bought a random package of GB needles that were not MRs and put them into her APQS machine without re-timing it, it may or may not work well, depending on the machine's original timing to the MR needle.

Hope that makes sense!

Archived