Ugh! Some people's customers...!!

Shana, way to go! Atta girl! I am so glad that you returned the quilt top -- not to mentioned you returned it in better condition than when you first received it.

I'm guessing, from her reaction when you returned the top, that it was all a huge bluff on her part and it came back to bite her right in the BUTT!!

(((HUGS))) to you. This thread has taught us all a great deal at your expense.

Up and onward to bigger and better things!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ffq-lar

Brats on the grill--YUM! With warm German potato salad or sweet and sour purple cabbage. YUM again! This is why my back view is soooo wide!:P

I love German food. Warm potato salad with the bacon and onion pieces... oooh yeah baby. Sauerbraten. Rouladen. Steamed red cabbage. Oh yeah now you're talking... Anything German. It's all good. German beer is good. German wine is good too. Cakes and pastries and German mother in laws are good, too. I have one of those German MILs and she's a doll. I love my MIL! :)

I am glad that this topic has evolved to talking about food. Food: It's a good thing! :D

uhm with German Great grandparents and German grandpa and half German mom, I too love any food German, plus the Irish side of my dad and now the Mexican side of my DH, better quit this thread, making me hungry and my apple for lunch is not sounding so good after all

• 2 weeks later...

good job, shana... although i wouldn't have been kind enough to frog it for her.. i would have just given her a full refund... let her frog it herself if it bothered her so much (nice quilting job, by the way)... also i hope that when she pushed that envelope back at you you said "oh, no... i really can't... ok, then...thanks!!... then drove to the grocery store to buy those brats and onions!

Shana,

You mean I hadn't commented before on this?

1) you are too wonderful and talented to deal with this dope.

2) You have stood by your word and acted with integrity and honor.

3) You have learned where your line in the sand is, and with grit, determination and

grace you have handled this whole sceniaro.

4) see number one.

5) you are greatly loved, respeced and enjoyed, keep on quilting and keep on with

your positive self. THere are those whose own unhappiness demands that they successfully share said unhappiness by gifting their own away.

Congratulations for sidestepping the cow pie, she graciously laid in your path.

6) see number 1

You be the bestest!

Oh gosh you all are too much! I am blushing. I so appreciate your support and comments here, but I have to be honest to say that these past few days I have been remorse in my decision, and not sure if I did the right thing by giving it back to her unquilted. I probably should have requited it again (meaning flattened it to death with thread and risking creases and puckers). It's a small world and my quilty community up here is small, too. She said she showed it to several longarmers. Well, those longarmers are my friends and they know my "style" and surely they identified it was my quilting. I have no idea if there is any gossip coming from this. I hope not. I am one of those types of people who does not like to argue and I want to get along with everyone, especially my longarm friends, no matter what the cost to me. I have learned a lot from this situation.

Shana,

You should not worry about this quilt. You do beautiful work. Your local longarm friends are not the ones she showed it to. It was someone who knows nothing about quilting. Any quilter worth her/his salt would have told her what a great job you did making her first quilt look good. They would have encouraged her to take a class and get ready to enter a show next year when she knew what she was doing.

Originally posted by Linda G. Craig

I'm guessing, from her reaction when you returned the top, that it was all a huge bluff on her part and it came back to bite her right in the BUTT!!

(((HUGS))) to you. This thread has taught us all a great deal at your expense.

I agree with Linda. Actually, I thought the pictures you posted earlier in this thread of YOUR quilting were quite charming. I love the thread you used, and the motifs were delightful. I can't imagine anyone complaining about your quilting. So, if you just happened to leave a few areas more open than others, that's called a rest for the eyes. When it's washed, it poofs and shrinkles and those areas become fluffy. I like that. Too bad your customer didn't.

Like Linda said, "Onward and upward to better things"

let me revise my statement ... i would have given it back (unfrogged) and told her that when she brought it back to you all frogged out, then i would give her a full refund so she could find someone else to quilt it who is a better match for her... and i suspect she will be bringing you more quilts and will not be complaining anymore... so... double the quotes you give her in the future... ok... said my piece..

oh... one more thing... see #1 on AbigailE's post above!

Hi Shana

What a shame you had to unpick that lovely quilting - it made the quilt. Never mind, I'm so proud of you for returning it and giving her her money back = obviously this lady is not well. Pity the next quilter.

Glad to hear you had a lovely weekend with your husband and this is now behind you.

Hugs

Sue in Australia

Good girl, Shana! You did what you could, took it on the chin and walked away with grace. How dare her threaten you twice! Strange indeed. You really can tell that she is just clueless. You got out in one piece and that is what counts! And had a wonderful evening with your DH to boot you lucky girl!

Lovin' ya back Shana-Babe!

Archived