Ugh! Some people's customers...!!

Hey Girlfriend - you were right to return the quilt! She will never be happy & it is better that she find someone she can communicate with or maybe someone who can figure her out.

It is amazing what non-quilters don't know or realize. Years ago, when I first started quilting and needed someone to LA for me - I was totally blind & stupid - didn't know a thing. I was very critical - luckily only to myself. Now I know that she did a very good job with all that I had asked & I had asked for alot!!!! LOL. When I think how I might have hurt that woman's feelings (and maybe business) it just gives me the creeps. So, without defending this woman - she knows nothing like I used to know nothing - her real problem is a great big mouth that needs a muzzle & she needs to take some quilting classes and learn a thing or two before she should be allowed to open her mouth again!! I am sorry you are the brunt of this woman who is a stupid as I was......

Keep going the way you are going - your seem like a wonderful person - very caring - and your quilting is wonderful and becoming better all the time - I have loved watching your artistic growth!!!! You are a winner!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I can hear the cheering for Shana over here, good for you girl, I'm pleased your day ended on a high note, I just have one question what the heck are brats and toasted hoagies. Sounds yummy but I have never heard of them before.

Cheers for Shana from down under:P:P:P:P

Shana,

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad you did what you did. She is a nut case and other Longarmers may know this already. Don't give it another thought. Your talent is fantastic, her's is not!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear what the judges say - what a messy quilt!!!

Feel the love and support from your fans on this forum!!!:cool:

I am so glad you returned it not quilted. As Meg said that lady would never be happy with any quilting you or any other LA'er would do. The lady is sort of like the customer that Carol from Lyons Den had who sued a LA'er for poor quilting. The judge sided with the LA'er because the quilting was excellent.

Eventually this lady will go through all the LA'ers in your area and no one will want to quilt for her. As the old saying goes "What goes around comes around". Did I quote that right?:P:P

Originally posted by Mirabelle

I just have one question what the heck are brats and toasted hoagies. Sounds yummy but I have never heard of them before.

Cheers for Shana from down under:P:P:P:P

LOL I am also wondering exactly the same thing! It's weird how we call things by different names. We probably just know them as something else :)

Shana you poor thing! It would be very hard not to tell her what her quilt is really fit for!! You handled this very well, I just pray if I'm faced with a similar situation I will handle it as well. The other quilters and longarmers were much to kind as her piecing is the real problem here. I would not do another quilt for this "self made quilter" unless she takes the required medicine and gets some formal training!!

Hopefully, after re-quilting her quilt, her workmanship will shine through and she'll win a blue ribbon at the fair!! lol :D:D :D yea right!!

What a drama! I've been away from my computer for a few days and missed all the excitement! Shana, your work is lovely and I think you handled yourself in a very classy way. I hope I handle myself half so well when (if) something like this ever happens to me. At least she's out of your hair now. Someday she'll realize what she put you through and feel ashamed of herself. Don't know if she's the type that would apologize though!

Originally posted by Blue Wren

Originally posted by Mirabelle

I just have one question what the heck are brats and toasted hoagies. Sounds yummy but I have never heard of them before.

LOL I am also wondering exactly the same thing! It's weird how we call things by different names. We probably just know them as something else :)

Bratwurst sausage on a hoagie roll with sauerkraut and mustard & onions. Oh yes I am sure you Aussies enjoy this down under, too, but call them something else. Here is a picture I found on the Internet that is basically what it looks like. No calories whatsoever. It's calorie free, low in fat and cholesterol, very heart healthy and won't cause indigestion, either. ;):D

post--13461902158886_thumb.jpg

I agree with Betsy! What a drama!! I've been down in Amish country for a few days and missed all this!

Shana, I am so glad you returned the quilt!! That woman is a nut case for sure!

We love you, (as you can tell by 4 pages of chat!) and I miss you! Just glad it all worked out! And if she does enter it into a show, I wish I could be a fly on the wall while the judges go at it:P:P:P Of course, that is IF she can find someone else to quilt it for her! (that might be why she was so mad you weren't doing it; no one else will touch it either!)

Looking on the bright side for both you and your client. If she enters it in her local fair she will get a ribbon and be thrilled to death and you will be off the hook either way. Local fairs Ribbon Everything! So whether she had entered as it was originally quilted which hid her wonky piecing, or if you quilt it again and smash down the poofiness, no difference!! Her comments may be different, but it will ribbon either way and she will be happy. Problem for you solved, chalk it up to experience and go on and have a wonderful DAY!!:D

I am also just catching up, so glad you decided to return the quilt top. Just keep quilting as you have been and put her behind you. You have made a name for yourself through your community and one quilt will not destroy it. If this lady continues quilting I think in a few years she'll realize the wrong she caused and 1.) Come apologize to you (with an embrassed giggle) or 2.) Mentioned to a couple other quilt friends her embrassment.

Have a wonderful week!

Perfect case of a new quilter not being able to see their glaring mistakes. Here you go......trying to quilt out the piecer's mistakes. If someone brought me a quilt like that to critique, I wouldn't be dissing the quilter. Sounds like you did exactly what should have been done with the quilt and exactly what SHE wanted to start with. Kinda like "buyer's remorse." They can't imagine what it will look like, initially are thrilled, then question how it would look quilted differently as they learn. This can happen when you get the, "Just do whatever you want" people. I tell them they have no room to complain if they don't give me any input.

You are very gracious to re-do this one. I know you don't want people running around badmouthing you, but your work speaks for itself and it's awesome. Her quilt is far from anything to be proud of!

Shana, I missed the part of handing it back to the customer! You go girl! If she wasn't satisfied the first time (great job quilting by the way), I don't think anything would please her. Too bad, at local fairs I don't think the judges really do a 'fair' job of critiquing the quilts. At least not here. It would have been great to have comments (or an award for the quilting) and how it disguised as best as it could, the horrible piecing.:P

I think you did the right thing in offering her money back even though she didn't deserve it...she liked your job well enough when she picked it up the first time. It seems to me if she didn't like your quilting after 8 months, why didn't she just rip it all out herself and find a new quilter?

Shana, you did the right thing. That woman sounds like the kind that isn't happy and doesn't want anyone else to be happy either. Usually those are the ones that do a lot of bluffing, too. I'm so sorry you had to deal with her. I envy you quilt-for-hire people that can successfully deal with idiots (a somewhat nice word) like that. From what I've seen on this forum, Shana, your quilting is superior and your personality shines. So hold your head high and don't look back.

Me too didnt catch the whole drift of the post. So you ripped all that lovely quilting out and gave it back to her. Did I miss what her reaction was to getting the top and money back. Not much she could say, but I wonder if she wishes now she had shut up and just entered the quilt in her precious County Fair. Like I say She would have gotten her ribbon and been pleased as punch. Now she has to find someone else to quilt it at probably more money and maybe not as nice of a job either. Good for you Shana, some people have to learn lifes lessons the hard way!:cool:

Hi Catherine

Where I live it is predominantly Italian population (nothing against Italians) and we can buy the most amazing Italian Sausages at the butchers and the local bakers have a variety of breads but my favourite is Panini Bread..very crusty. I guess the same thing just different flavours. I have never tasted sauerkraut before but I have been told it is nice and I love cabbage.

What DO Aussies call brats?

Australia is a melting pot of cultures so we don't usually call sausages by their actual name. It just becomes generic & so, where I am from we call them snags!

To me Shana is eating a snag in a roll with fried onions. But.... Aussies would only ever accompany it with tomato sauce (ketchup)

Not sure about what Karen calls them.;)

So, this is going a bit off topic, but it certainly is a much more pleasant one!

Shana - you might like honey mustard on the brats - it adds sweetness and zest!

Are there any Germans who could chime in here if my facts aren't straight? I'm German descent. My family went on a tour of Germany 2 years ago and one of things we (DH and 2 boys, and my German mom) enjoyed most was trying out the regional sausages. It seemed each little community had their own recipes (and their own beer!) and each were unique and delicious. In Frankfurt of course were the Frankfurters (actually a 'wiener' not a 'brat') and there were great small brats in Nurmburg and there was also a variety called 'weisswurst' pale in colour which I think was veal, that we really liked. Some were fried and sometimes they were boiled. Most of time a bun was not offered. Instead it was usualy offered on a plate with mounds of potato salad and/or saurkraut and/or red cabbage on the side (oh, and did I mention the beer?) :)

Archived