Lenni is nearly here

Thanks everyone:D

All built, but I have not turned Little Dove on yet. It is quite late now here so I am going to wait till morning. There is going to be lots of PPP ing:P:P:P

Jeanne , Sue my favourite way to have yorkshire puddings is with sugar and milk. My Grandmother started me off on them when I was about 5 and I have loved them that way ever since. mind these days I cannot have them because of my diet:(

Hi Kath,

How easy was it to set up Little Dove? Bet she looks real smart. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Won't be popping in until late tomorrow, busy day out of the office. Have a super day tomorrow PPPing. I am so envious.

Never had YP with milk and sugar but have had them with warmed golden syrup and ice cream, but like you Kath they are now on the forbidden list, especially with golden syrup. Just thinking about it has put my sugar level up:D:D:D:D:D

Sue,

Where in Yorkshire are you originally from? I was born and brought up there but moved to Scotland when I got married.

Tracy

Kathy, that's wonderful! Wish you so much fun and joy today with ppp!

Did you build it up without any problems? I view my Millie DVD and the manual and I hope, I will built up my new Millie this afternoon and I do understand your excitement so well ... :) I don't have children but I think it is really a little bit like waiting for the baby :)

Little Dove is a really nice name for your Lenni.

Hi Tracy and Sue

My mum is from Bradford and yorkshires were always on the menu as a main and as a desert. They are something I cook once a fortnight with the roast - yum! Mum liked them with golden syrup and sometimes with sultanas for desert but I never got to try them that way, maybe when I visit my relatives in Linthorpe next year. I'm hoping to try lots of traditional British dishes and if we get as far up as Dundee we'll have Forfar bridies and scotch lamb pies. Can you tell the highlight of our trip will be the food?

Tracy - hope your Lenni arrives soon, it will be worth the wait.

Sue in Australia

Kathy, I can't believe you are not up yet having done your first practice quilt and posted pictures already!! Come on girl, you have us in suspense here to see what you are doing!!! Have a great time and dont forget about posting now that you have your new best friend "Little Dove"!!

Hi Kathy

Congrats on Little Dove's safe arrival. Have great fun with her!

Yorkshire puddings & roast dinners - something else I'm looking forward to enjoying on my trip home next month. Made the mistake of letting my DH & DD book the trip while I was working at the Vermont Quilt Festival & they seemed to have forgotten my request to be in UK during FOQ. We return to Vermont on Aug 14th so I shan't get the chance to meet you, Linzi, Ferret, Tracy et al there. We are coming to Yorkshire tho for a few days just to see the dales & York.

Have great fun with Little Dove, look forward to seeing pictures. You know that there is a great resource here & thru APQS for any problems or issues that come up. Happy PPPing!

Hi Tracy

It took us about 3 1/2 hours to build, mind one tip just make sure you have all the tools ready. :D APQS include quite alot of tools , but we needed to get some extra allen keys. Which meant a trip to the local DIY as out of all the Allen keys in the house we did not have the correct size, Also my DS likes to take things slowly.

Thanks everyone also for being so kind, it is lovely to look into the forum and see all your congratulations .

Jeanne, sorry no quilt yet, it might be a while before I dare post anything:D I do have two tops ready and waiting though

Today did not go quite as planned, as instead of waiting for my DS to come home from work to help me dismantle my Next Generation frame, I decided to tackle it myself. Well after a few bruises and sore hands I managed, and tonight my Sewing room is at last something like tidy, and little Dove is ready to use.

I have manged to get some practice fabric on but it has gone 10pm here now so I have given for for tonight.

Tommorrow though my DG is going to her other Grans's so I am going to play play play. :P

Archived