CC's

Hi Debbie, It doesn't really matter where you start, just that you have to finish in the same place as you start. I learned to do this a bit different than this diagram, but that's ok, just know that you don't work yourself into a corner until your ready to finish. To practice, use some graph paper and just keep sketching until it is 2nd nature to you! You'll get it.;)

You know I forgot about that the start should be at the bottom of the number 1 instead of at the top. they must have messed up that diagram, the one for the 9 patch though is correct. the other thing with the 3 blocks is that it says to always start with the top of the template or the fat part that would not hold true if you started at the bottom. I think they messed up on the directions for the 3 block so I gues just follow the 9 patch sequence. Sorry:o

Linda

yes I like that one too, but I came up with one of my own for the larger twists. I did a 7 inch twist around the block then came back inside with a 3 inch twist in each of the 7 inch twists and used the 3 inch twist as a spine for small feathers, Is it ever pretty but taking forever. Only 10 more blocks to go!! Started out with 32. It takes about 15 minutes to do each block so I have been trying to do 6 or 7 a night!!

Linda, I'm still looking at that one and am completely lost. I think I should stick with figuring out the easy one first and then move onto the more intricate. They showed me how to do this at the Moxie meeting. I haven't practiced it yet.

Holly, I really liked Dawn's explanation too.

Jeanne, I'd really like to see a picture too.

Debbie

go back to my last post above and click on the link from this forum and you will see where i had posted it before. Once the quilt is done I will post a picture of the back as well and you will see it a little better. It is coming out really good so far, now to just be able to find the time to finish it up would be nice.

Archived