Pattern Motifs Book

Hi,

I picked up the Pattern Motifs book by Graham McCallum today at the quilt store. I really like this book as it gives a lot of inspiration and ideas on how I could develop my own designs. These aren't like quilting designs but there's hundreds of motif patterns that could be developed into quilt designs. The book is more of an idea book that could inspire some unique quilt designs.

Anyone have any other books that you use just for inspiration and ideas - not necessarily for quilt designs or patterns? Mercedes

Mercedes, I use all kinds of thing as ideas for quilting, tile store (wonderful patterns in tiles) art, plants, Scrapbook papers, fabrics themselves.....just anything and everything. It has taken awhile since I got my LA to really look for those ideas, but they are everywhere. But when you are having a brain freeze, it is good to have a book like this to get your creativity going. :)

Hi Mercedes--I also love the Pattern Motifs book and another by the same author with floral and leaf motifs. They are both great resources.

Dover books are great as well.

It's so funny to be in line and get out the pad so you can sketch the hibiscus on someone's Hawaiian shirt to use on a quilt.:)

I was watching Project Runway and the room where the designers wait for the dreaded decisions has a fabric wallhanging with an overall line design. I paused the show so I could figure out the design!!

Inspiration is everywhere.

Archived