Homemade Lighting Solution - Under $100 Now with shopping list and instructions

Hi Matt.

You've been quilting a while now with another set-up, so you may have considered this but...just in case, test out your lighting for panto-ing. I sometimes find it helpful to turn half of my lights off for viewing the laser light well and/or not having terrible glare from the plastic liner. My table is 12" and I have only two 4' fluorescent ceiling fixtures and I'm fine. After hours of quilting, too much light is just too much. Lighting is an art...too much is no good and too little is no good!

Have fun finding the right balance for you. Thanks for sharing your neat idea!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Originally posted by njquiltergirl

Hi Matt.

You've been quilting a while now with another set-up, so you may have considered this but...just in case, test out your lighting for panto-ing. I sometimes find it helpful to turn half of my lights off for viewing the laser light well and/or not having terrible glare from the plastic liner. My table is 12" and I have only two 4' fluorescent ceiling fixtures and I'm fine. After hours of quilting, too much light is just too much. Lighting is an art...too much is no good and too little is no good!

Have fun finding the right balance for you. Thanks for sharing your neat idea!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

I don't Panto (ever)

I usually quilt for 8-12 hrs a day and the extra light has been a blessing so far. My eyes are way less strained by the end of the day.

Thanks for the instructions. I'll have DH check them out. When I bought the machine back in April, he promised to construct some overhead lighting for me. Well, here it is almost October and I am still without any type of overhead lighting. With the days becoming more dreary and shorter, I really need more light than the floor lamps on each end of the frame provide.

I like the name you chose for your machine. I still haven't settled on one. Which reminds me of former neighbors who had a beagle they called "No Name".

Archived