Guess what we did? NQR

My kids had a pa day today so we took them to the Ontario Science Centre to seethe Body Works Exibit. Real dead people approx 210 of them. Most in sports poses. No skin on them for the most part, mostly muscle. Sounds gross I know but it wasn't. My middle guy got queasy and couldn't stay. (this is of course the one who wants to be a zoologist or a vet LOL) it was really interesting. The other two kids got bored, but hubby and I found it interesting. If any of you get a chance to see this travelling exhibit I would recommend it.

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Geoff and I were able to visit the display in San Diego a few months ago. It was absolutely fantastic. He thought it would be a quick look-see, we spend nearly a day. It is just soooooo interesting to see our bodies, what they should look like and what we do to them with our diets, smocking etc. Normally he is the sqeamish one.... I know, abe to take a thousand men into the fiercest battle but don't make him pull out a splinter!! ;):P but he really enjoyed it as well. It is not a macabre or sensationalistic type of display, really great but you leave the exhibition with so many impressions and a great many thoughts of how we should look after ourselves and how marvelous a creation we humans really are!

As Tracey said........... well worth your time. Also make sure that you get the audio......... You just learn so much.

Tracey:

I saw the exhibit a couple of years ago when it was in Miami. I couldn't get anyone to go with me, so my DH finally decided he would take me. We were amazed how tiny some of the things that cause the most trouble are, like the gallbladder! One of the final displays showed "replacement parts", like knees, hips. My husband and I have both had neck surgery, so it was interesting to see what our insides look like! Really fascinating, we both loved it! Now everyone says, "I wish I had gone".

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

Saw the exhibit in Denver several years ago. It truly was fastinating! So many people wanted to see it that you had to make an appointment! We finally got tickets for 10 p.m. on the last night of the show. We were hustled through so fast that you didn't get to take it in very thoroughly. The only one that creeped me out was the man they had cut into segments and still had a face.

I have never heard of it...but I did see an exhibit of fetuses from 1 day through 9 months of age at the Omni in Oregon. That memory wil live with me forever!

I don't know if I could see the Body Works Exhibit. I might be able to read about it and even see pictures, but not up close and personal.

I can't even look at a body in a casket! No thank you, not my thing.

I am still scarred by the various accidents we have come upon here in Nevada where the people were either de-catapitated or mutilated. Dead is dead to me. Can't handle it. :(

Archived