Sew EZ portable tables

Does anyone have one of these portable sewing tables? If so, how sturdy are they. I'm thinking of purchasing to take to retreats. I like the idea of this table as it's on wheels and looks relatively easy to travel with (in a car, that is). However they are priced pretty high so I wondered how they handled when you got to power sewing at top speeds...minor vibration or does the table moves across the floor:D

http://www.seweziusa.com/

Thanks for any input....:)

Susan

Richmond, VA

Hi Susan- I have one for taking to classes/guild meetings and find it to be quite sturdy. The biggest asset I find is that the sewing machine is at the best level for sewing. If you use your machine on a table, it always is too high for me. Feels like it is up under my chin. LOL! My 2 DDs use them for their sewing machine "cabinet".

Happy Sewing, Sally

Hi Susan,

I have one for taking to mini group meetings, classes and retreats or just set it up for your regular sewing table. It is very sturdy. I have had mine for several years and I often use it at retreat with a large June Taylor pressing mat over the hole that is intended to hold the machine as an extra table for ironing, or vice versa if I want to use the long table for spreading out ---then I put my machine in the EZ portable table. I have an insert for my Janome Platinum 760, but have never bought the insert for my Janome 6600 (which I wish I had at times). There are always several quilters with these tables at retreat and we all really like them. They are heavier than you think though, especially when lifting them into a car, but one end does have wheels to move them from one place to another. I don't think you will regret buying one---I never have. (unlike some other things I've impulsively purchased). :)

I also just got one of these for my birthday, and used it in a class yesterday for the first time. While it's not quite as sturdy as my cabinet at home, having your machine at the right level to sew on is such a big plus that I'm not sure I even noticed any lack of stability. I was free motion thread painting for about 4 hours, and never even felt a twinge or kink. Most of the other women were feeling pretty beat up by the end of the day. It is a bit heavy to lift in and out of the car, but moving it with the wheels makes it pretty easy to transport.

My DH also bought the solid insert for me as well as the slide-out accessory tray, and I use them both. When it's not being hauled to classes it sits in front of my design wall (with the solid insert) to hold all the miscellaneous stuff (pins, paper, photos, fabric, etc.) that I seem to need when I'm designing something.

I have one of these and not only use it for retreats/classes but also at home. I find the advantages at home being it does not use as much space as a cabinet, cn be folded away if necessary but best of all gives you that level sewing space that you don't have with a machine set on a table.

I also bought the light box insert.

Archived