maxi lock thread

Hello everyone.

A while back I read some discussion on the maxi lock serger thread. I have ALOT of this thread. Since i greatly respect Bonnies opinion I tried it on a quilt for the refuge camps. It was a little linty but sewed up very nicely. I think it is at least as strong if not stronger than some of the other threads i have. I have it in many colors and varigateds too. My favorite threads are without question Superior but I might use up some of this on donation and practice.

Red Rock Threads sells it at a pretty good price.if anyone is still looking for it.

Originally posted by penelopefabric

Hello everyone.

A while back I read some discussion on the maxi lock serger thread. I have ALOT of this thread. Since i greatly respect Bonnies opinion I tried it on a quilt for the refuge camps. It was a little linty but sewed up very nicely. I think it is at least as strong if not stronger than some of the other threads i have. I have it in many colors and varigateds too. My favorite threads are without question Superior but I might use up some of this on donation and practice.

Red Rock Threads sells it at a pretty good price.if anyone is still looking for it.

;)...now go get yourself some Sewer's Aid and put that on the spool and it will take care of alot of the lint....

• 2 weeks later...

I had to tell you all how GREAT this thread is on my HQ16. I use Bottomline in the bobbin most all of the time. It was simple to get a good stitch with this thread. I bought 2 big spools to try it out---red and blue. I LOVE this thread.

I use Connecting Threads also quite a bit but I think when it is gone I will not reorder that. I am mainly a charity quilter and this is a great thread at a great price.

Originally posted by tootsquilts

Bonnie, may I ask what is Sewer's Aid, and how do you apply it to the thread? I think, I have seen the sewers aid, and it looks like a thin oil, but not sure how to apply it on your spool of thread, on the machine.

Thanks, I know I should know this, but don't.

Cathy, you can get Sewer's Aid at the LQS or any Joann's or Hancock or even WalMart....and yes its a Silcone lub that you literally apply to the thread...I normally run three very very heavy beads of it from top of thread to bottom of spool and reapply as I need to. It cuts down on the lint on linty threads, it lubs the tension wheels and just makes sewing a whole lot nicer when threads start to break or just act up.

If you have a spool of thread that is just about seen all its life (thread does go bad when it gets old) if you use this stuff on it, and it all becomes better.

Its a must for Metallic threads...I never have any trouble with them in my DSM or LA.

Archived