GGGRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In my next like (heaven) I am going to be a quilter who is also a computer expert. I am trying to make my laptop connect to the web using my desktop. I have EVERYTHING I need to make it happen and I can not do it. I have wasted 2.5 hours on this sit! Grrrrrrrrr! I just can't afford $100 an hour for someone to do this for me!

Now, I am not stupid, I have updated the RAM to 1G and replaced the battery and inserted the networking card. But can I make the connections - NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Julie, I am not sure of anything at this point. I think I am just going to chunk both laptop and desktop into the pool and party as they sink! Actually, the desktop is supposed to have a wireless router but who knows because if it has one it must not know it. I attached a Linksys but the computer plays like it can't get on line when it is on although all lights say go. Then there is the laptop that has a wireless doc and I have inserted the card and it says "hello, I have a card!" Then it says it doesn't know who I am or who it is!!! I am disgusted.

Sylvia

Only suggestion I can make if you think it is all set up correctly is to do a new boot up. Shut everything down and then turn on or plug back in first the cable your source of internet, then the router and then the computer. Sometimes it takes this reboot for everything to synchronize once again. I have a lynksys router too. and this has worked for me when ever it gets messed up. worth a shot anyway. Jeanne

Sylvia sounds like things are working out. Years ago I was great with computers, especially with DOS programming. But computers and programs change so much. I have four computers hooked up to my wireless network. My son and nephew hooked up my system for me. I like the fact that I can be anywhere in the house on the laptop and pull files/pictures off the main computer upstairs without having to copy them to a flash drive to transfer them.

Archived