Looking for a BindAll machine

I know I saw a YouTube video of some lady who had an industrial machine with an attachment that applied/sewed binding on her quilts. I can' find it. She even said in the video that she had the binder custom made to order by a company in Georgia, gave the name of it, and said that if we mentioned her name they may be able to manufacture one for an individual from her design.

I've been Googling all evening and all I've found is chholderby in Seattle, but their attachments are for single layer fabric with a tiny binding.

Does anyone remember this machine/gadget? I thought it was called a BindAll. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks

That was Linda Lawson showing you her binding machine. I tried to contact someone about making me a special attachment for my machine but had no luck. Haven't tried since my move. There is suppose to be a company in Houston. I cannot get my mitered corners like she manages in her video without a special foot so I only use it for my utility quilts and I do a gentle curve on corners instead of miter. I can do a queen king in about 15 minutes or less but it isn't as pretty as attached by machine and handstitched but still it works really well on baby quilts. I just purchased a smaller binding foot and haven't tried it yet as the 3/8th inch is bigger than I like. Works great on placemats and table runners too.

I hope you find one. It took me forever to find one. It is also an industrial Sewing machine and does a great job.

Thanks Grammie Tammie,

That is it. I recognized her picture on her website. I sent her an email and now I just have to wait. I'm looking for one to do comfort quilts and kids quilts. These old hands of mine can't handle all the hand finishing much longer. I like the idea of the gentle curve instead of a mitered corner too. You are lucky to have the machine to do that.

I tried to find the "magicall" binding machine because I hate binding. I never did find one, nor could I use the Martelli thingy (waste of $200). I put binding on using my DSM. I sew the binding to the back, pull to the front and use a decorative stitch to finish. I wouldn't do this for show quilts but it looks good on others. Grammie what machine do you use for binding?

• 2 years later...

I have the Martelli Zip Bind and Stitch-in-the-ditch tools, along with the mitre tools. I do get a beautiful mitered corner, using a sid on the top and it catches the binding on the back so it is perfect. Really makes a beautiful binding..

I also find nothing cheap in the making,, mine aren't and if used correctly, I don't see how it could break.

We Talked to both Dave and Linda as well as one other gal and they all stressed using the tools properly.

I just love it..

Farm Charles thank you for replying. Did you ever use the binding machine and did you like it? If you could send me more information I would appreciate it. Email address brugmanns@msn.com. I went and looked at a Bernina with the new binding foot. I really liked the Bernina machine but when she demonstrated the foot she didn't know how to do the mitered corner without stopping and restarting which means you need to sew each corner by hand afterwards and I wasn't completely happy about having to reset the needle position on each side and the seam didn't look straight enough for me. Does anyone have the foot and are you happy with it? I would have to buy a Bernina to get the foot because I have a Viking now and they don't make a binding foot for it. I can't find a commercial dealer for a binding machine either. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived